Need help please with name suggestions

fandabby

Mom to 4 + 1 Angel
Reaction score
Hi ladies

We are struggling with names - we are team yellow so need to come up with boy and girl.

Although I am only 29 weeks so one would think have time I am high risk and we go from week to week now so could deliver any time.

So our three we have two boys and one girl.

Their names; Harvey Oliver, Maison Lee and Elektra Tazmin.
Our surname is Parker. We love our kids names and they really do suit them.

The names we have been playing with but nothing is really standing out as a yes that's it:

Boys:
Bruce
Declan
Oakley
Logan

Girls:
Nikita Jolie or Belle
Logan

Not a long list as haven't come across names we like let alone thinking of middle name and tbh this pregnancy has been so stressful and not going to plan as such that we are amazed we are here planning names so kinda blocked it out not wanting to get our hopes up on an addition to our family. Now we at this stage and baby is doing well I'm gutted I haven't spent more time on this.

Names cannot use as family or close friends have them already; Charlotte, May, Rose, Millie, Elena, Megan, Elizabeth, Scarlett, Thomas.

Any suggestions welcome and thank you.

Hey,

Your kids have an interesting mix of names -- it looks a little funky/butch traditional with the boys and maybe a bit more adventurous (dare I say slightly badass with a girlish twist) with the girls.

In that vein here's a few more ideas...
Boys:
- Donovan
- Hugh
- Finn
- Duncan
- Ezra
- Landon
- Colton

Girls:
- Astra, Juno, Minerva, Vesta, Rhea, Theia (to go with classical Elektra)
- Daphne, Phaedra, Cassandra (bit more girly but they stick with the classical Greek theme of Elektra)
- India (can nickname Indy to get a bit of a kickass but feminine vibe)
- Annika / Nicola / Natalie (can nickname Niki or Nikita, without it being confused on paper with the male russian name Nikita)
- Lena / Lara
- Marin
- Iona
- Ezri
- Linden
- Blair, Delaney, Bryn

Hey,

Your kids have an interesting mix of names -- it looks a little funky/butch traditional with the boys and maybe a bit more adventurous (dare I say slightly badass with a girlish twist) with the girls.

In that vein here's a few more ideas...
Boys:
- Donovan
- Hugh
- Finn
- Duncan
- Ezra
- Landon
- Colton

Girls:
- Astra, Juno, Minerva, Vesta, Rhea, Theia (to go with classical Elektra)
- Daphne, Phaedra, Cassandra (bit more girly but they stick with the classical Greek theme of Elektra)
- India (can nickname Indy to get a bit of a kickass but feminine vibe)
- Annika / Nicola / Natalie (can nickname Niki or Nikita, without it being confused on paper with the male russian name Nikita)
- Lena / Lara
- Marin
- Iona
- Ezri
- Linden
- Blair, Delaney, Bryn

Many thanks for your suggestions, great mix of names to think over. I have a feeling it's a girl so trying to get this right and to be on par with Elektra's name.

If you think of any more please feel free to add to your list.

Thanks again.

I love Declan and also like Logan & Oakley (in that order).

Additional suggestions:

Orion
Kai
Finley
Madden

Girls:

Larken
Athena
Ravynn
Indigo

Two additional thoughts:

- I think I might not name the girl Logan.. not because there's anything wrong with the name inherently. But Logan is very unisex, and Elektra is clearly feminine (a bit femme fatale). I think it might be weird for a younger girl to feel she didn't get a "girl" name when her sister did (or vice versa). So I'd try to think of a kickass girl name without straying into boy/unisex names.

- Previous poster's suggestion of Ravvyn is interesting... though I would stick with the straightforward spelling Raven so it doesn't look intentionally misspelled and has a bit more gravitas.

Just some ideas!

I went over these with my husband last night and he's not keen on any yet.

Raven to me reminds me of blackbird and can't picture a Raven in the family.

I was up for hours last night searching and still blank.

I get your point about keeping it feminine and Elektra's idea was from the movie initially. That's one reason we put Nikita on list as another femme fatale suggestion.

It's so hard choosing names.

Thanks for your input and please still feel free to throw in your ideas... Appreciated.

Hi ladies

We have come across another name for a girl which we like: Mistique.

We looked at goddess names like Athena/Athina, Selene but we can't visualise the name in our family.

What do you think to Mistique? I have asked some mums from Elektra's swimming class and they said they liked it and thought it was sounding nice and as strong as Elektra.

Would love your opinion.

We would also shorten it as nickname to Missy.

As for a boy hubby gone off Oakley so we are now between Logan, Declan, Colton or Hunter.

Then we need to think of middle names - OMGoodness, this process is so exhausting but fun.

Thanks for reading ladies.

Declan - I think this goes best with your other kids' names.

Mystique is an awesome name as it's unique and girlie just like Elektra. Just know that some might mis-pronounce it as you can say it like Mystic or Mis-teek. Either are nice IMO but just adding that to your thoughts.

Other suggestions:
Owen, Oscar, Zain, Davis, Harper, Niall, Neil, Paul, Steven
Aurora, Evangelina, Sapphire, Paisley, Shawna, Amelia

Declan - I think this goes best with your other kids' names.

Mystique is an awesome name as it's unique and girlie just like Elektra. Just know that some might mis-pronounce it as you can say it like Mystic or Mis-teek. Either are nice IMO but just adding that to your thoughts.

Other suggestions:
Owen, Oscar, Zain, Davis, Harper, Niall, Neil, Paul, Steven
Aurora, Evangelina, Sapphire, Paisley, Shawna, Amelia

Thanks so much for your input. Always helps to hear what people think about a name.

We thought about Sapphire but using it as a middle name then we thought Elektra's is Tazmin maybe we could use Tamzin so it would be Mystique Tamzin Parker or Mistique Tamzin Parker. Which spelling do you prefer? and what do you think about the middle name? Thanks O:)

Weird how I am focusing on girls names, I was like this carrying Elektra so may be it's a girl.

Will need to sort out boys and get that right in our minds for in case though!

I like how their MNs would be similar. I've never heard of either tbh and I'm not sure it's something I'd use personally but this isn't about me ;) I like the spelling Mystique much better for some reason but I also really like "exotic" letters like X, Y, Z haha

Mystique Sapphire also sounds really awesome IMO

How would you pronounce it?
Do you have any ideas for boys names at all?

I like how their MNs would be similar. I've never heard of either tbh and I'm not sure it's something I'd use personally but this isn't about me ;) I like the spelling Mystique much better for some reason but I also really like "exotic" letters like X, Y, Z haha

Mystique Sapphire also sounds really awesome IMO

How would you pronounce it?
Do you have any ideas for boys names at all?

Hi,

I was thinking Mystique spelling also, you're right looks more exotic than Mistique.

Your question how would I pronounce it, which part do you mean?

As for boy names we did originally like Bruce and Oakley but kinda gone off those now. So then liked Hunter, Declan, Coleton and Logan and have asked Hubby but he just said he likes all four. I have run past loads of names by hubby like Tristan, Jett, Blade, Blaze, Bailey, Jude, Wesley and the others above which ladies have given input to and he shakes his head.

Oh dear, trying to pick a name we both like has been really really tricky.

Thanks for replying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->