Need help understanding my OPK readings?

mummyofaangel

DS1 & sticky bean! :-)
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new to this site and need some advice? I have one child already and myself and the OH have decided on having another :) Great right?! Well after conceiving my LO within the first few weeks of trying I am finding this one a little harder. I have now purchased some 'cheap' OPK's from the internet and have started to use them. I have taken a picture for you to see, and hope that you can determine whether today ( last test) means I am ready to start BD'ng? Thanks in Advance!:thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 25
I am pretty sure that last one is showing you are about to O :D Good luck and get BD'ing :D

Thank you :) Needed someone elses eye for confirmation.. Will round up the OH lol

Your last stick definitely looks like a positive to me! Congrats!

:happydance: Im going to test again, around 1pm tomoro and hopefully it'll be darker :thumbup: But have been BD'ing just incase! Its so hard to tell with these tests...without spending out on the clearblue digi ones..Lets see tomoro. Fingers crossed!!

I agree, they are harder to read compared to the digital ones (i use ones similar to yours and theyre hard to read!!) but they are cheaper so you can test more often! What day are you on? Today is CD20 for me and I'm still driving myself crazy with these OPKs! Good luck! ;)

Hey, I'm on CD 15 now.. ( my periods are generally around 34-36 days long) since having my son, which was a difficult pregnancy ( involving life threatening preeclampsia and an emergency c-section) they have been irratic, sometimes going months without a period. I lost 3 dress sizes hoping it would regulate my AF but no luck as of yet :-( but the ovulation tests are atleast showing my LH surge going up which is a blessing to know!! Baby dust to you and good luck also!

That's great! You'll probably O in a few days! Just keep BDing and testing! My cycle last month was 32 days long and I O'ed on CD 17 I believe. I was on my first cycle of clomid though (I have PcOs so my cycles are very long and irregular--like 60-70 day cycles!). I'm hoping my 2nd cycle of clomid works! I did get my positive opk on cd 18 though! Good luck! *hugs!*

Did two tests today ( 1 at 1.15pm and one at 6.30pm) and both are showing faint?:nope: So was the picture above my surge? Have been BD'ing anyways so hoping it was :thumbup:

It looks like a surge to me! Keep testing though to see if your line gets darker. Have you been checking your CM and cervical position? That'll give you more insight on whether your body is readying itself for fertilization :) *hugs!*

Good Idea :thumbup: Although without sounding to grim..OH and I BD'd twice yesterday so dont want to confuse CM with Sperm? :blush: Will check this eve tho. Thanks for your replys, its great to have someone to chat to about it all!:hugs:

Glad to help anytime! I know what you mean about getting his stuff and your stuff confused...I did some research, here is some info that I found that I think is super helpful!

"To identify your most fertile days, it is helpful to monitor your cervical mucous. You should start checking your cervical mucous as soon as your period ends. What you are looking for is slippery stretchy mucous that looks similar to egg whites. When you see this kind of cervical mucous, there is a good chance you will be ovulating soon.

Some women have a hard time differentiating between fertile cervical mucous and semen. If you have just recently started fertility charting or really looking closely at your mucous patterns, you may not be able to tell them apart. With time and careful observation, you should be able to distinguish EWCM from semen.
Here are some ways to tell the difference between EWCM and semen:

EWCM is stretchy: EWCM is very elastic. If you put it between your fingers, it will stretch without breaking apart. Semen, on the other hand, doesn’t stretch and will break apart if you put it between your fingers and try to stretch it.

EWCM is slippery and clear: While semen may feel slippery as well, it looks white and cloudy. Not clear, like EWCM. EWCM is more transparent and feels very slippery.

EWCM does not absorb easily: If you look at the toilet paper when you use the bathroom and notice mucous on the toilet paper, you can tell if it is actually mucous by waiting a few minutes. If it is semen it will quickly absorb into the toilet paper, whereas EWCM generally will sit on top of the toilet paper.

EWCM will form a ball in water: When you go to the bathroom, let the mucous drop into the toilet water. If it turns into a ball and sinks, it is most likely EWCM. If it dissolves into the water, it is most likely semen.
Some other tips for telling the difference:

Does it make sense? Are you approaching ovulation or is your period close to arriving. If you are close to ovulating, what you see may be EWCM. If you have already had a patch of EWCM and are fairly sure you have already ovulated, it could be that what you are seeing is semen, especially if you recently had intercourse.

Go with your feelings. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between EWCM and semen just by looking at it. What you feel is more indicative of your fertility. Do you feel wet or lubricated? If you feel very slippery, use your feelings as your guide instead of simply relying on what you can physically see.

What if you are not sure? If you can’t tell if what you are seeing is semen or EWCM, it is better to err on the side of caution. Consider it EWCM and watch for other signs of ovulation."

Thanks for the Info :thumbup: Going to test in a sec once LO has settled off to sleep ( Terrible twos..ggrr) Will keep you updated...and hopefully everything is going my way :winkwink:

Good luck!! and keep notes for yourself (I know I do!)!

Ahh two year olds...Don't have any kids myself yet, but I work with 2 year olds. Awfully darling and VERY fiesty! haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->