need help with working out the feelings & thoughts of something.

Mummylou23

Reaction score
I need to work out the tohughts and feelings of these to people regards blood donation its for a friend of mine can any one help

William Ireson, a 68-year-old grandfather, is delighted he will be able to carry on giving blood. He said, “I’m proud that I’ve given 71 units of blood over the years, and pleased that now I can give a few more. It makes me feel great knowing that my blood could save someone’s life. It’s my way of giving something back to the community. I always try to donate around Christmas because I know the hospitals need extra support during the winter months. I would encourage anyone of any age to give blood. It’s not hard, and to be honest I am a bit squeamish, but it’s not painful and it has never bothered me. I know some people have to have regular transfusions because of their conditions, so it’s important to me to keep donating for as long as I can. It only takes an hour or two out of my day, but at the end of it I know I could be saving someone’s life.” William has gone on to encourage family and friends to give blood, because as he says, “You never know when, where or why we may need blood ourselves one day.”
David Cooke from Norwich needed a complete blood transfusion as part of his treatment for cancer in 2002. The 65-year-old said he would not have survived his illness without the regular contributions of blood donors. “It is vital that people keep donating regularly to save the lives of people like myself,” he said. “I would not have been here if donors had not been there for me. Thanks to the wonderful people who give blood, I continue to lead a full and active life. My heart goes out to all these great people who have donated blood, especially at this time of year.

I don't understand either?
it's great people donate blood but I personally wouldn't because I am absolutley terrified of needles and would faint at the sight of one.

I was terrified of needles until November last year when I had to give myself daily injections and have blood taken every two days, still don't like them but I no longer pass out.

I started giving blood when I turned 18 in 2004 every three months. I never saw a single needle and was always looked after in case I did pass out. I had to stop in 2008 when we started TTC and as soon as I have stopped breastfeeding I will start again.

I do it simply because people need blood to live and if I can donate and help save lives I will.

Not sure what it is you're asking though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->