Need ideas for questions to ask, upcoming OBGYN apt

2ducks

Reaction score
Hello! I have a 3 month follow up OBGYN apt in two days to talk about the status of my cycles. Here is my situation: I have had one natural period in the past 9 months since stopping BCP. I already did a progesterone withdrawal challenge and responded positively but it did not jump start my cycles. I have not been ovulating since stopping BCP either. I had my thyroid tested and some hormones tested (not sure which ones), everything came back normal. If you were in my shoes what questions would you ask or tests would you ask for?

Hi there!

Here are a few I'd ask:

• Should I maybe look into the natural Soy Isoflavone route at home (which, if you didn't know and I JUST learned is a natural 'Clomid')
  • And/or am I a candidate for Clomid...?
  • I can't think of the name, but there is an xray test done with dye to see if my tubes are blocked...should we look into that?
  • Is this cycle issue I am going through possibly common for other women who have taken this particular BCP?
Those are just a few off the top of my head...I am wishing and praying for all the best for you to get your cycles back on track and catch that eggie <3

thank you 5miracles! Those are definitely some good ideas. I wasn't expecting my apt for another week, I had the opportunity to move it to Wednesday and took it. I will be making list of questions to ask. Thanks again!

I would want to know if various aspects of my lifestyle could be playing a part such as weight or exercise. (Too much or too little) I'm not sure what else because your hormones all tested normally but I think the clomid suggestion was also really good I've also heard it can take awhile for everything to return to normal as we'll. good luck. :)

Weebles has an EXCELLENT point on lifestyle--and that is NOT to hint at anything amiss in your life, PROMISE!! LOL! My Dh just shed 51 pounds (cutting carbs) and he just went to his bi-monthly doctors appt because he has hypothyroidism, high BP (inherited), and other issues due to low hormones--and his doctor hadn't seen him in 9 weeks, and he was BLOWN AWAY at the numbers DH's bloodwork just came back with--I mean, he is the healthiest internally that he's been in over a decade---and we were told we have a chance now at conceiving because due to some of those issues DH suffers with, he had waaaaaay low count on his :spermy:. I have HOPE again after a year ago being told that we were D.O.N.E.

I am sending lots of :dust: your way---I know people who have had weirdo health issues and inexplicably were able to conceive and deliver healthy babies!!! :D

1. I would ask them about a possible ultrasound to check for cysts since PCOS can definitely cause issues with ovulation, common and can be worked with from a fertility standpoint
2. I think the test miracles was referring to was an HSG but I think that has more to do with not getting pregnant when you are ovulating or repeat ectopics.

Thank you so much for your responses. This is the outcome of my OBGYN apt today: Previously I had my prolactin levels tested, thyroid and FsH, all came out normal. She thinks it is very odd and concerning that I have not ovulated and am not having regular periods 9 months after stopping BCP. She thinks I may have PCOS and it was masked by being on birth control since a teen. I am going to have a full PCOS panel done this week to give a baseline. She said my case is not a straightforward PCOS case. I'm not over weight, I didn't have bad acne as a teen and I don't have any male pattern hair growth. I am having back, chest and scalp acne which I never had when on BCP. We discussed having an ultrasound, she doesn't think it is necessary at this time. Regardless of the PCOS panel if I have not had cycles by my next visit we are going to do a progesterone withdrawal challenge and try a cycle of clomid to see if it stimulates ovulation. I feel really good about this plan.

Thanks again for your help and support!

Thank you so much for your responses. This is the outcome of my OBGYN apt today: Previously I had my prolactin levels tested, thyroid and FsH, all came out normal. She thinks it is very odd and concerning that I have not ovulated and am not having regular periods 9 months after stopping BCP. She thinks I may have PCOS and it was masked by being on birth control since a teen. I am going to have a full PCOS panel done this week to give a baseline. She said my case is not a straightforward PCOS case. I'm not over weight, I didn't have bad acne as a teen and I don't have any male pattern hair growth. I am having back, chest and scalp acne which I never had when on BCP. We discussed having an ultrasound, she doesn't think it is necessary at this time. Regardless of the PCOS panel if I have not had cycles by my next visit we are going to do a progesterone withdrawal challenge and try a cycle of clomid to see if it stimulates ovulation. I feel really good about this plan.

Thanks again for your help and support!

I know it isn't the diagnosis wanted--but I am relieved that your doc has found a path to get on so you can get on the road to your BFP. Knowing a plan of 'attack' (for lack of a better word) is SO much better than not knowing what to do, right? :D I am praying for you and am happy you have a good doctor!
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->