Need inspiration for announcement ideas!

Wtbam

Reaction score
We are planning on announcing (to the wider world of facebook) in a few weeks time, all being well, but are struggling to come up with ideas on how to do it!

We want to be really original and not just put a scan photo on!

Here are some things that we were trying to perhaps include (but not definitely):

1) We have a dog who is very much part of the family
2) We are having a huge extension done and all our friends are very much following the progress through fb updates
3) We both like photography

Does anyone have any ideas?

The only thing I have thought of so far is a picture of some writing on one of the joists in the extension saying the date, and "We were here, plus baby on the way" and then the caption, Wanted to freeze a moment in time before the ceiling went in, surprise!!!

Anyone else? Ideas gratefully received!

Have you looked on pinterest? They have loads of pregnancy announcements on there :)

Your idea sounds brilliant though :D Really cute.

You could also do a funny pregnancy announcement with the dog, maybe make a sign to go around their neck saying "Baby's body guard in training"

I have purchased a chalk board and we are involving our 18month daughter. The chalk board will say something like "Guess what? I'm becoming a big sister December '14" xx

We put my son in a tshirt that said big brother and posted that. Maybe the dog could have a tshirt or sign!

Or you could post a photo of the room you'll use a the nursery and simply name the photo "baby's room" and wait for people to click!

As said Pinterest has amazing ideas!x

Some lush ones on here!

https://gb.pinterest.com/bellasoiree/announcing-ideas/

I like the one with the woman holding up her bikini and the man his games console and it says 'For sale or swap for crib" haha

I like the new one I saw recently where you have your shoes DHs shoes and baby's shoes.. Or you could have. Family photo with your fur baby with a cute sign around his neck?? Sorry if my ideas suck ha ha ha I'm not very creative :)

Some lush ones on here!

https://gb.pinterest.com/bellasoiree/announcing-ideas/

I love the one with the couple kissing next to the road sign that reads, BUMP AHEAD.

OP: you could also do the shoe thing and include the dogs leash
like: your Oh's shoes with his birth year underneath, your shoes, dogs leash, and baby shoes (all with birth year underneath) Or you could post a pic of the extension with the caption :we will be adding two more feet. And then follow up with another pic of the addition with baby shoes. Idk, I didn't announce on FB so didn't have to come up with anything, but it's fun looking at all the cute ones on pinterest. gl

I'm going to get my son a big brother t-shirt, sit him down on the sofa with a chalk board and write I'm going to be a big brother' with the scan photo underneath :flower:

For general I was thinking the dogs reading my 'what to expect' book and a thought bubble with something like 'oh sh1t!!' or 'that's a funny looking puppy' or something equally amusing lol

As for parents think I'm going to buy a 'baby's first Christmas' bib and wrap it up with a scan photo :) as we are due Xmas!

With our first I posted a picture of our 3d scan and said "Beware the (last name) spawn! Coming March 2013". Not all that creative, but I thought it was cute. Haha!

For this one I made a big bro T-shirt and I'll probably post a picture of the kiddo wearing it and wait to see how long it takes for people to realize. Haha!

This is the shirt (sorry for the blurry picture, he never stays still!)

https://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w654/mindy_russell1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140510_154414_zps39ylzbpj.jpg

My favourite way with DS was I had my best friends round to my new house and was giving them the tour and said 'and this will be baby's room'. There reaction was great! This time we will probably do a version of the big brother thing.

I love the one on Pinterest for no 2 with an eviction notice on the cot with a crying toddler inside! I might do this (no babies will be harmed in the making of this announcement etc!).

Love it :D such a cute announcement. What breed do you have? We have a chocolate chunky Labrador :) xx

We have a german shorthaired pointer, here's a pic! (We have builders in at the mo and I clearly have too much time on my hands!!!!)

1507816_920340600767_5164848778707851324_n.jpg

He is gorgeous! My father has a pointer, such brilliant dogs! Love the photo too haha xx

For Facebook I'm buying my daughter (from etsy) a shirt that says, "Only Child Expiring November 2014). I cannot wait to get it, take a picture of her wearing it and posting it on Facebook :)

Gorgeous dog! We have a Samoyed and a German Shepherd/husky cross but he looks nearly all gsd. I love doggies!

I love your idea and that sign!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->