Need nursery ideas!

Georgia7

Reaction score
Help ladies, I had my mind completely set on a nursery theme, it was going to be a kind of jungle theme as I seen some brilliant giraffe and monkey wall stickers... But now I've totally gone off the idea for some reason, I dunno if its a bit too grown up for a baby... I want something cute and calming... Any ideas? Xxx

we have decided on Winnie the pooh!

I bought a wall decal of a tree /birds/owls off of ebay and a cartoon owl theme has emerged. I now have a owl lampshade, cushions and bird changing mat. It's cute but quite 'girly' but I waited until we knew the gender to get started.

For coralie we done a woodland theme with a tree in her room. It's the nicest room in our house lol :haha:

This time we're doing giraffes :)

Im doing woodland. Seen gorgeous tree wall sticker with deer and other animals under it. Have got a gorgeous fox door stopper, getting big toadstool toys and things with birds on so fairytale woodland :)

We are doing under the water, the walls are a sage green and I have wall decals of Nemo and friends...so the colors will be light green/blue and orange accents...My husband is currently working on getting the closet organizer in stalled, hoping after that we can move pretty quickly!

I think the jungle theme is great, it could grow with baby a lot longer then alot of other nursery themes . :)

I would love to see some photos of woodland or water themes that everyone is doing! We are thinking of doing one of these. I really love the color turquoise for the nursery and was thinking that could go with either theme.

I would love to see some photos of woodland or water themes that everyone is doing! We are thinking of doing one of these. I really love the color turquoise for the nursery and was thinking that could go with either theme.

https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Findi...3-fkmr0&keywords=finding+nemo+newborn+bedding

This is the bedding we chose :) We have off white furniture coming...going for a coastal look as our whole house is "beachy". I am looking forward to eventually getting the room put all together!

I am also putting this bed in the room for when either hubby and I need to stay in the room with baby...https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30080316/

Our little man's theme is the Lion King! :) I loved that movie as a kid, and still do!

I have seen some very cute nautical and transportation rooms on pinterest that are subtle and able to grow with.

We are doing a beach/ whale theme. Shades of baby blue, navy blue, grey and pops of yellow. I searched on Pinterest a found a million cute ideas.

We are doing a beach/ whale theme. Shades of baby blue, navy blue, grey and pops of yellow. I searched on Pinterest a found a million cute ideas.

I love the whale idea! We've thought about doing a cloud themed room- grey & white, a DIY cotton batting cloud mobile, some pops of color... But my DH saw some cute penguin bookends today (they're his favorite animal) and now he wants to do a penguin/Antarctic animals theme. Who knows!

We're not doing a specific theme or anything. Our walls are beige, but we're doing a lot of different pinks, especially hot pink. She has a hot pink "M" painted above her crib and a varigated pink tulle/tutu crib skirt.

I'm doing a jungle/zoo like theme too! I hate "baby" looking stuff because this is a room the baby won't care what it looks like... But I do! We did gender neutral and have three tans walls and one dark brown. We are doing white crib and I'm painting an old dresser and shelf orange. Here is our fabric I'm going to make a pillow for the glider, a changing pad cover and a bed skirt. I'm super into our local artists and bought some cool animal like prints. My friend is painting a picture of a giant squid! Can't wait

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 3
We are doing a Dr. Seuss theme- there is some REALLY cute stuff out there!

I think this jungle theme is especially cute. I'm tempted to do this but I've already put my bedding on my registry. Maybe I'll switch it up, though.
https://www.target.com/p/jungle-time-collection-by-jojo-designs/-/A-14089357#prodSlot=large_1_9

We were going to do this great nature theme
https://littlecrowninteriors.com/blog/2009/11/organic-nursery/
but unfortunately I'm suddenly feeling lazy about it and I don't know that I'll even do a theme at all. :|
Our bedding is rainbow colors but if our girl comes out a boy, we're switching to pirate bedding.

I am not a fan of any of the "theme" sets I've seen out there (not that some of them aren't gorgeous, they just aren't me). So I decided to go with grey walls, and my crib bedding is solid navy blue with a splash of white, and yellow/white chevron. Then ill dress the walls up with canvas wall art with my favourite quotes out of kids books.
Etsy has amazing custom bedding and nursery decor, that's where I'm getting most of mine :)

But if I has to choose a theme I do love monkeys/jungle, or underwater (fish mostly).

I think you should choose colours you like.. For example the Baby browns/White/and baby pink or blue depending on the sex.. or Just bright colours..

Then you can put a variety of things in the room to help them learn not just animals.. If you had a bright theme then jungle wall art would work great, and a counting bright floor matt and ABC's around the room or somthing... The baby colours mean you could put teddys around baby coloured alphabet around the room, and find a baby coloured wall art to match..

I think leaving your options open is way better. My friend done an AWESOME giraffe/jungle theme but a variety of things to help baby learn is more ideal and works through more years of age..

I'm sure you will change it around heaps of times before baby comes anyway , you will find what you like eventually :).. Gooood lucckk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->