Need some advice about membrane sweep!

mybbyboo

Reaction score
Hey girls i dont post here much but i have no one else to ask so i thought i was post and see if anyone answered.

Im 38+5 dialted to a 1 and had a membrane sweep yesterday morning around 10 am.

Had some mild cramping yesterday lost some mucus plug. One time it had some blood in it. Dont know if that was from the actual exam.

Now today ive gone on two hikes and both times that ive gotten back ive lost more and more of my mucus plug.

Im feeling alot of pressure but not really contractions. Seems like forever ago that i had my son and i dont remember anything.

Do you think i could be going into early labor or is this just what happens after a sweep?

Thanks for reading!

Honestly, it could be the effects of the sweep or it could be the start of labour. You'll just have to wait and see x

I had a sweep on Thursday, I had the same pressure but didn't lose any plug :( nothing came of mine. Fingers crossed for you that it's the start.

Just sounds like effects from the sweep, which everyone can get as your body is 'disturbed'

I had sweep last thursday, very much expected it to work being further than my last baby but nope.

My ob told me I could bleed after the sweep. Which I did, twice. Also for me the loss of mucus plug didn't mean that labor was impending but for some people it does.

Hard to say at this point, but I hope things start for you soon.

Sounds like it could go either way .... I felt this when I had my sweep, but I had him almost a week later..... I suggest getting of those giant exercise balls to sit on and lightly bounce away, literally every time you sit down sit on the ball instead of couch or chair and just bounce.... It works wonders with helping baby engage and dilate/efface.... I sartrd at almost a 2 when i had the sweep....within 2 days I dilated another 2 cm after my sweep , I owe it all to the ball lol :)GL!!

Thanks ladies just been losing tons and tons of mucus plug its almost been 48 hours so i dont think it worked for me but im still losing plug so maybe im headed in the right direction!

Thanks ladies just been losing tons and tons of mucus plug its almost been 48 hours so i dont think it worked for me but im still losing plug so maybe im headed in the right direction!

Im still loosing a lot 6 days on :)

How much of this damn mucus plug is there! So tired of being pregnant, my baby girl needs to come to soon!!

How much of this damn mucus plug is there! So tired of being pregnant, my baby girl needs to come to soon!!

I remember there being A LOT!! With my son I ost it in one fell swoop. It was at least a cup of it. It kinda just slid out like that instead of bits. I dialated very quickly tho. With my dd. It was bits and pieces of that lump over a few days.

Great!! Just did a shot of balsamic vinegar praying for contractions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->