need some advice about work/money

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Wow, I dont think I have ever made so many posts in one day, I'm being a complete board hog today aint i?
Anyway, NOBODY in their right mind can live off the money that this goverment pays when pregnant women are out of work; so Im just looking for some advice really.
I saw a job advert for an ann summers party, rep- quite liked the sound of that but do you think they will take on a pregnant woman and would you consider it to be beneficial at all?
You get £250 of stuff that you have to sell, and obviously they dont give you anymore until it's all sold, plus you dont get paid per hour so it all depends on how well you can sell a product, or rather, a vibe lol.
How many people would actually attend an ann summers party and end up leaving with some 'goodies'? it's based on commision so Im thinking "is it worth it"?.
There HAS to be something out there for people like us, I mean I know people manage it (how I dont know) but its impossible to live off the money that we get- does anyone have any advice? or know of any way that we can make some money? are you currently pregnant/have kids and manage to work still?? If so, how are you managing to do it?

Careful budgeting it is possible I know people who live off a lot less. Bear in mind doing Ann Summers it is not really allowed to earn money whilst claiming MP so think carefully. I would just do eBay or make your OH put more hours in,also you may be knackered with new baby and it will be a job to brush your hair let alone work!

I may be wrong sure someone else will be along....
Bex.x

I did a few "Slumber parties" (sex toys, lotions, clothes, etc.) I sold a LOT of stuff, but they would rather give you merchandize instead of pay you. Plus, I had to supply snacks and drinks for all guests..adds up! If I were you, I'd pass on that. I know several women who've worked at day cares so they take their babies with 'em and it's free for their own kids. Let me rack my brain and I'll get back to you.

Firstly you get the stuff but you do have to spend out of your own pocket for your supplies .. they dont just give them to you. You dont sell whats in your stock (unless you want to and then replace it) but you do have to buy the stuff that you want to "show" at your parties. When you decide to give up you have to give back all your stuff and it has to total at least the £250 that they originally gave you. I think you have to pay for some stuff up front though. I trained to do Ann Summers a couple of years ago and realised that i wouldnt actually make much money out of it after all the petrol for travelling and prizes for games etc.

Personally i dont think its worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->