need some advice going to GP tomorrow about breathing problems.

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
i was dignosed with asthma as a child i have no idea why they took me off my meds because ever since i have been suffering breathless every day, passing out because of being unable to breath and being unable to do most things because of this, coughing during the night and unable to run even to save myself.... i am in my 20's now and going back to the doctor tomorrow to demand that they put me back on my old meds (or suitable ones) , i am small and good weight, eat healthily, try and walk etc, but even walking is a nightmare i end up out of breath and feeling dizzy and sick and as if someone has put bricks on my cheast, i get this every single day it gets worse with stress, more exercise and season....

i find it hard to breath all the time and wake up at night because i feel like i don't have enough oxygen in my body....

my sister was dignosed with asthma about 2years ago roughly, she's only little but she has alot of allergies etc and was given lots of inhalers etc, i told my mum about me feeling how i feel and she said it was the same as my sister and gave me one of her blue inhalers, i have been taking it for about 2-3weeks now and its the only thing thats helped my breathlessness and dizziness etc....

i am worried sick that they wont help me tomorrow.... they checked my heart out as i was growing up and although it's a little slow nothing wrong with it all EEG's clear.... when i was in labour with my son my heart was all over the place because i couldn't breath right, and when i was in high school during PE i used to always faint/collapse etc.... surely these are huge signs of asthma?

also i have huge amounts of allergies....

would be grateful for some advice...

Sure does sound like asthma, but as always it is best to see a doctor so it's good you are going in. I also have asthma, I got severe pneumonia in January and it's been worse since then as far as being breathless. I recently went on a weekend trip to the beach, and my asthma was practically cured! I didn't touch my inhaler once. Salt water in the air is apparently very good for your lungs, try looking into a salt water inhaler, or a salt lamp. I haven't gotten mine yet but there are tons of people that ave had great success with the asthma from sea salt inhalers

thanks hun didn't really get much help got a peak flow meter and chart to track it and got an appointment at the asthma clinic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->