Need Some Advice Please *Updated*

Parking almost scuppered me too... There is no parking at all out front of ours so MW was concerned about how an ambulance crew would get to me if necessary, but they managed just fine when a neighbour was taken ill so she thankfully agreed it was possible!

As for the amount of homebirths, apparently here where we have our own dedicated homebirth team they average 4 deliveries a month!!:nope:

There must be more women out there that want the opportunity but put off by the hospitals?!

I'm afraid I also have to admit to not having told too many people of my plans, a few friends and my sister but I haven't dared tell my parents as I know they'll be horrified! :blush: I'm planning on telling them when I phone
to say I'm in labour!

My parents weren't as horrified as I thought... come to think about it I haven't even mentioned it to my dad! Ha bless him, forgot about him. But my mum, who I thought would go mad, was absolutely fine about it. I haven't gone into any detail about it with her but I don't really think she wants it. OH's dad was horrified, but really didn't take much talking round, especially as OH's mum is so supportive and pro-home birth.

The more people I tell, the more positive reactions I'm getting... try your parents, they might surprise you!

As far as telling people the plans for home birth, I'm getting more confident with telling people at work for example, and more general acquaintances. I think if it even plants a seed in someone's head that it's a normal thing to do (I'm not a weird hippy honest, type thoughts!) then it'd make me feel good.

The funny thing is I'm really confident with my decision of trying a homebirth, and have the facts to back myself up. But as family/friends know I had a cesarean with my daughter it colours their views. Especially as I don't know anyone who hasn't had a traumatic time with the birthing!

I'm planning on telling everyone and anyone who will listen how different and successful (I hope) my homebirth was after the traumatic hospital experience first time round :thumbup:

People can make up their own minds as to whether I'm 'weird' or a 'hippie', I'd have to say I'm both, I must have some purpose here or I'd have to say I was born in the wrong generation...:bunny:

My mum would be fine with it too, but I had a bleed at 9 weeks which really shook my dad.

I'd only ever seen him cry twice before that, but he sobbed his heart out thinking I'd lost her and is now super protective of me! :blush: He calls at least once a day, goes nuts if he finds out I've been shopping alone etc so it's just easier for me not to tell him beforehand... I'll be shouting it from the rooftops once I've had her though! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->