need some advice please

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
i need some advice or tips please.

joshua has a bottle between 7 and 8 in the evening then settles to sleep and doesnt wke up for nother bottle until about 2am.
then he has another bottle between 3 and 4am after that bottle he falls asleep on me then i put him down in his moses basket and he wakes up nd then wont settle.

the last few nights ive brung him into our bed and he will settle and sleep for a few more hours.

the only thing is i dont really want to get into that habit.

how can i get him to settle in his moses basket?

any ideas or tips

going through this myself at the moment and the only solution i can see is not to feed him in your bed but in a nursing chair instead. what i find is that ffion gets all snuggly in our bed and then wakes up when i put her back in her cot by herself

^^ i agree, i feed chloe in a different room, she always feeds, nappy change and she always goes straight back to sleep when she is back in her basket

i used to feedhim in the nursing chair but ive been lazy recently and fed him in our room.
ive been feeding him (bottle fed) while sitting on the edge of our bed.

ill try feeding him in the chair tonight.

but me sitting on the edge of the bed and sitting in the nursing chair,wont it be the same?

How about swaddling him tight? And placing something with your fragrance near by?

your not ment to swaddle them while they sleep are you. im sure ive read that you are ment to un swaddle them before sleeping.

what can i put in his moses basket with my smell on?

i dont want anyting that will suffercte him

i use a large tshirt (of my husbands) that i wore for a few hours, it is large enough to tuck in so when ffion lies on it it cant move around

i use a large tshirt (of my husbands) that i wore for a few hours, it is large enough to tuck in so when ffion lies on it it cant move around

so you lay her on the t-shirt then.

does it work?

i always feed ella in the living room and then she will sleep then i will carefully place her in her cot :)

so you lay her on the t-shirt then.

does it work?

yeah, i tuck it round the mattress like a fitted sheet, sometimes she'll settle better if i put her tummy-down on it but usually she goes on her back... she does seem more settled.

and if shes having a rough night i put the tshirt on whilst im feeding her then i take it off and put it in the cot when i put her back down so its 'freshly smelly' :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->