Need some advice please..

321mummy2b

Jayden's Mommy
Reaction score
Right I don't want to make it too long, hope you don't mind me coming into this section..:wacko:

So my little boy is 23 months old now, In the last 5 (roughly) months he has changed quite a bit..

I have had one mom at a birthday party ask me if my little boy is okay because he was just sitting in the middle of the room with his head tucked into his chest for around 15 mminutes..

My best friend thinks I should take him to health visitor just to check his hearing is okay..

he is fine with me, his dad, his grandad and nan, andmy OH, he used to speak to my best friend and my parents (he sees them at least twice a week) but now he doesnt even look at them or aknowledge there his relatives (say hello to them or say nanny grandad).

Anyway so I have always known he was a quirky little man but now people are asking me I am thinking should I have? The only time I think argh maybe I should take him to HV is when he throws his fits. (Probably about 10 a day) normally if he gets dirty, the cat or dogs go near him, if OH does his milk and its not warm or cold without milkshake in.. erm, he doesnt like textures like won't take part in messy play, wont eat icecream or jelly or anything really cold, doesnt like loud music (discos) etc, he used to be friendly with children but now at the park/ playcentre/ parties he wont even look at any other children.. He is VERY reppetitive if we go to the park he will go up the steps and down the same slide constantly, mos was for like an hour & half, he hits his ear but then he does have quite bad ears, (no ear infection) but just generally seeps a lot of wax daily so I put it down to that irritating him. He only really answers to the people I mentioned before when they say his name..

He does have quite a regular daily routine, but most babies have routines..

I dnno cause saying that when he is at home he is so clever he asks me to gt his milk for a bath for his peppa pig dvd to come on.. etc he can count from 1 to 10 and back down again, say all his alphabet recited the peppa pig dvd when he is watching it he really is a little clever man :) plus his speak is excelent when with me & OH :dohh:

Anyways I did a test online just to worry myself more..

Your child does seem to have some of the signs and symptoms that should prompt and evaluation for autism or other communication disorder. Be sure to see your Pediatrician for further advice and a more detailed evaluation. Keep in mind that this doesn't mean that anything is wrong with your child, but rather that he has some 'red flags' that signal that more of an evaluation should be done.
Remember to consider your child's age when considering if any of the following are really a sign of autism, for example it is usually normal to toe walk before age 3 years and some children don't begin to 'wave bye-bye' until they are are 15 months old.

You said that your child has the following possible signs and symptoms of autism:
•doesn't follow directions.
•at times, seems to be deaf.
•seems to hear sometimes, but not others.
•throws intense or violent tantrums.
•is hyperactive, uncooperative, or oppositional.
•gets "stuck" on things over and over and can't move on to other things.
•seems to prefer to play alone.
•does things "early" compared to other children.
•seems to tune people out.
•is not interested in other children.
•shows unusual attachments to toys, objects, or schedules (i.e., always holding a string or having to put socks on before pants).

You said that your child doesn't have any of the following possible signs and symptoms of autism:

•does not respond to his/her name.
•cannot explain what he/she wants.
•has language skills or speech that is delayed.
•doesn't point or wave bye-bye.
•used to say a few words or babble, but now he/she doesn't.
•has odd movement patterns.
•doesn't know how to play with toys.
•doesn't smile when smiled at.
•has poor eye contact.
•gets things for him/herself only.
•is very independent for his/her age.
•seems to be in his/her "own world."
•walks on his/her toes.
•spends a lot of time lining things up or putting things in a certain order.

Any advice please?:flower:

Hi, I had concerns about my son from the same age. I went to HV and then got refured from there onto a peadiactrican. Its the best thing to do if worried xxx

Hi,

I am going through the same concerns with my son. I did take my son to the pediatrician but she felt that he wasn't showing symptoms of autism. She felt some of his regressions were due to phases he was going through, hearing issues (he's still has liquid in his ear after an ear infection) and the fact that there is a new baby in my house. Regardless, I still have concerns about my son's development and will be taking him back in November for a further assessment.

I think you should take your son to the Doctor. If there is a problem, then you can get help sooner rather than later, and if there is no problem, then perhaps the Doctor can put your mind at ease.

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk to someone about this. I know how scary it can be. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->