Need some advice

1st_baby

I asked this a few times I know but the time is getting much closer to max not getting anymore formula ..

Since he was diagnosed with reflux at 6 months , the doctor suggested I mix in some cows milk with his formula as he seems to keep that down allot more then his formula ..and Ive been doing so since then ..only last week he got only formula as he was sick so I figured the vits in there would be good for him alone ..

Now most of my family was weaned off formula buy 8-9 months and all are healthy so Im thinking of doing the same with max , he loves his solids and has loads each day very balanced meals im very picky when it comes to healthy foods he only gets the best ..SO how would I wean him off the formula .hes been getting half/half bottles for now but as I cut down should it be 1 or 2 weeks in between cuts?

Hiya, just wanted to say that iv put all mine on cows milk from 6 months, if babys fully weaned and getting a varied diet then i would just drop the formula all together.

My mother had us all weaned off formula at 6mo aswell.
IDK though, because I'm not to that stage yet.

If he seems to have an easier time with reg milk, go for it. I was also told by a phamasist that cows milk can calm reflux down too.

I saw the HV today and said that Rhys is now taking hardly any formula as he just cant keep it down because of teh reflux. She agreed that as long as he was putting on weight and is happy we should do whatever is right for him. She advised us to add formula to his food when possible and to give him multivitamins and iron.
Every baby is different but if it were Rhys I would would get him off the formula as quickly as possible, within a week, as long as it didn't upset his tummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->