need some input here.

redneckgirl17

Reaction score
alright so i have this friend and her boyfriend smokes ALLOT of pot. now shes pregnant by him will the pot affect his sperm and make the baby ******** or anything?

and she sits by him when he smokes it some times wont that cause bad damage?

id like to get some imput on what you think and stuff i think its really wrong and he should quit and should of a long time ago i just want her to see the affects it could have on her child and she is 8 weeks pregnant..

I don't know much about it I'm afraid but I think the passive smoking will affect the baby more than the stoned spermy will. Either way it's not the best start but be very careful what you say as it's quite a conterversial subject anyway and your friend may not appreciate you saying anything! A lot of mags/books say about giving up smoking/drugs/alcohol when pregnant, maybe you could subtley point it out to her and see how she reacts before you go in full force? She might even be already thinking the same as you but having difficulty in convincing him to give up? I just think that if you are going to say something be careful that from her point of view you are supportive rather than accusatory or you risk upsetting a friendship at a sensitive time.

Good Luck x

yeah i thought of that but she wont listen to me when i try to tell her some of the things that could happen and all she says is its not every day so its not that bad... i just wanted to know maybe like you said find a magazine or something that has all that info in it so she can know what she is putting her baby through even though its so small. its still a person

Actually marijuana has been found to not have any effects on children, even if she is smoking it.

The smoke itself is bad, but say they used a vapourizor, it would be fine.

;)

I wouldn't at ALL recommend that *she* smoke during her pregnancy. Testing positive if a doctor decides to test you won't bring a good situation. And why risk it? As for him, as long as he is controlling where he exhales there shouldn't be an issue.

I wouldnt worry too much about it. I mean she should avoid it when she can but I know plenty of women and teens when I was younger who smoked themselves through pregnancy and had healthy children. I would think that she would do all she could to decrease any perceived risk to her unborn child but to each their own.....

You have to be careful with this sort of thing. Essentially you are telling her how to raise her child. And that can cause some hard feelings between relationships. You have said your point and just dont be around it if it bothers you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->