Need some insight from those of you who are already mums

Caterpiller

Not cooperating
Reaction score
I have a few questions, namely:

Did you try to conceive a baby of specific gender?
If trying for a girl, can you remember the last BD before O and what CD you were?

I know it might sound strange, but I am trying to conceive my first, and we are aiming for a girl - we both come from large male dominated families - don't get me wrong - would be blown away with one of either, but we thought we would try this first, as apparently its harder to conceive a girl.

Any feedback would be most appreciated. :flower:

I have 3 girls and tbh i never did anything apart from :sex:

V xxxx

I have a girl and a boy. With my girl, it happened after one bd session on a Saturday night, the time before was the previous Saturday night! When ttc with my boy, we did the ntnp method without luch, shifted to the every other day, when that didn't work after three cycles, we did the every day for a week, which worked and brought us a boy. He is the first boy in my family for many generations.

Not convinced the different regimes are linked to the different gender though :laugh2:

You might want to look more at what/how much you eat apparently it's a major decider of gender:

https://www.ehow.com/way_5451961_diet-conceive-boy.html

I come from a family who for generations have always had boys as first babies... we conceived Lani on day 7 after my LMC had finished, not because we were trying for either sex first... it just happened! I was 36 at the time too - so actually the biggest supprise was that it happened so soon!!

When I conceived my little girl I BD'd 3 days before ovulation as female sperm lives longer than male sperm. I didn't try to have a girl but I do know others did the same thing and have had girls.

Good luck xx

Thanks ladies - we are trying by stopping BD two days before O, but due to moving O date, this has proved to be problematic - I know I should be grateful for a healthy baby but DH really has a preference for a girl - being one of three boys who turned his father prematurely bald obviously has him worried. What will be, will be.

Thanks ladies - we are trying by stopping BD two days before O, but due to moving O date, this has proved to be problematic - I know I should be grateful for a healthy baby but DH really has a preference for a girl - being one of three boys who turned his father prematurely bald obviously has him worried. What will be, will be.

Hi C.
I know my friend wanted a girl and tried as much :sex: after her period stopped, as said before the female sperm is slower but more resilient than the male sperm!
Then she didnt have any 2days b4 Ov for a wk to give her the best chance
To b honest with you i have 3 boys,have never hankered for a girl just a beautiful healthy baby,and since my mmc last yr i would give my right arm just to fall pregnant never mind the luxury of choice!!
Im sure there will b a lot of women readin this who feel the same,also after we hit 35 its that bit harder for us!!
Good luck on your journey

Babycarey i am completely with you just to have a healthy baby/ies is all we are concerned about and you are so right we all thinkt he same thing it think xx

Well think i tried every day in the month & food but still ended up with 4 boys :haha: love them to bits n wouldnt change a think, trying one last time because im loving being a mum all over again after 17yrs gap, so never know maybe be blessed with a girl but if boy im blessed anyways :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->