Need some opinions...

PregnantKitty

Reaction score
So here's the situation:
I had my bloody show thursday and have had off and on contractions since. And i say contractions because they are way too painful and intense to be considered bh imo. But they never get consistent or closer together.
Now i took my dog out to go potty and am having awful period-like cramps and a lot of pressure in my pelvic area.
I'm still having some mucus lost and blood in it when i wipe and i am still having random contractions.

My body is so tired and i am in constant pain and not getting good sleep because the contractions wake me up every few hours.

Last, i was 4-4.5 cms t my last doc appt on Tuesday.
With all of the contractions im sure im dilated more and i live a decent distance from the hospital and my husband works yet another 20ish mins from the house. To make matters worse the roads are really bad becaude we just haf a bad storm roll through that is supposed to pick back up tomorrow afternoon.

So im thinking about just going into the hospital and seeing if they'll check me all out. Do you think i could convince them to induce me?

Im afraid i wont make it to the hospital in time if i go naturally and since it seems like it's gonna be soonish anyway, i wouldnt see the harm.

I've haf a lot of watery discharge today anyway and am starting to wonder if my waters are slowly leaking.

My last pregnancy my labor was very fast. I was 4cms st my doc appt before i went into labor and a few days later when i did i was 8cms before i made it to the hopsital, and that was when i lived super close to it.

Do any ladies hetr have a similar experience? Should i go in at all? Do you think if im already 5-6 cms that i could get them to induce me, considering the situation?

I am terrified of going into labor at home alone or in the car or something.

I'd go if I was in that position. With your previous experience with dilating rapidly, I'd want to be at the hospital. You could always call the maternity department at the hospital as well. Good luck and hopefully this is it!

I would go in too! Seems like with your history they would! Plus you will probably have the baby in a day or two without induction even, maybe they would even just check you in?

At the hospital now. They comfirmed im having contractions (duh) but i guess I'm still 4-4.5 cms and my cervix is still very thick and high so they said they'll hold me for an hour to see if things progress and go from there.

Blah. Not dilating any more. Just contracting for no reason.
My back hurts. My crotch hurts. My belly hurts. But getting sent home.

This sucks and i wanna cry.

Poor you, I had a labour like that with my first and it was so long and exhausting, just getting random contractions for days to get to a few cms. Hopefully it will speed up for you and you'll have your LO soon xx

Aww. Just try to relax at home, it's always better to labor there than at the hospital. Hopefully you start dilating faster and you'll have your LO in no time!

Sorry chook. Been following your bloody show thread.

Aw, I'm sorry! Things will speed up soon! But sorry you are having so many false alarms! I hope you're able to relax some!

Aww, don't worry hun, I'm sure it won't be long now. I had contractions from lunchtime the day before my baby arrived. By about 5pm the day she arrived I was feeling tired and fed up as the contractions that had been about ten minutes apart seemed to be petering out and I figured I was going to be stuck like that for days. Quarter to seven I sat down to dinner and they suddenly got closer together. 7.20pm my waters broke. 8.30pm they examined me at the hospital and I was only 4cm dilated but in sooooo much pain with contractions every couple of minutes. At 9.45pm I'd had enough and said I wanted an epidural. About a minute later I had a compulsion to push, which was terrifying as never had that with first baby (had an epidural!) and was sure I couldn't have been very dilated as I'd been 4cm only an hour before. Midwife took one look at me and said the baby was arriving - Georgia was born less than 15 minutes later after only a few pushes!

So a bit ago i felt some wetness run down my leg as i went down the steps in my house. I didnt think much of it but remembered im wearing a pad so thought it a but weird. Went to the bathroom and there was some super thick glob of some sort of discharge in my pad. Maybe the last bits of my mucus plug?
Idk. But now im really hoping it was a sign my waters are leaking or something.

Hope i start getting contractions soon but in all liklihood it's nothing or a yeast infection again. Yuck. Lol.

Anyway, figured I'd update.

Where I live at 4cm they admit you and help you with Pitocin if needed. :( Sorry they are having you go longer and not giving you some relief and admitting you.

Awww:( how frustrating!!! Unreal they actually send u home..... Why can't they just keep you, my gosh !

Where I live at 4cm they admit you and help you with Pitocin if needed. :( Sorry they are having you go longer and not giving you some relief and admitting you.

I've heard that a lot of places are like that. I wish the hospitals around here would. I'm tired of all of these false alarms and im worried that when i do actually go into labor i wont know or will doubt myself because of all of these false alarms. :/
But what can I do? I cant go into the hospital every day.

Awww:( how frustrating!!! Unreal they actually send u home..... Why can't they just keep you, my gosh !

I know, right?

Still been having off and on contractions, pressure, and cramps.

At any rate I have a doc appt tomorrow. Hopefully I will have dilated more by then and can convince my doc to schedule me for induction.

I'll update after my appt.

Good luck with your appointment. I hope things start for you for real soon you're so close!

Any good Dr/hospital will not induce you because of uncomfortable-ness, unfortunately. I was 38 weeks with pre-eclampsia and my dr. still needed to make a case for me to whoever is higher up for an induction! I hope it happens soon for you and it sounds like you're well on your way. Good luck!

PregnantKitty, I've been following you on the EPO experience and now this, I think I'm anticipating your delivery more than mine. HAHA!! I just feel bad about how uncomfortable you've been. Hopefully relief is very soon for you!!

Good luck at doctor's appt. today!

Welllllll... I have good news. Doc said I've Dilated to a 5.5 and he is going to induce me next Monday night if I haven't had her by then because she's floating and not engaging, apparently.

Sooo. I'll have her by Tuesday. Woot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->