Need some reassurance please

Jamiesmummy22

Reaction score
So I got my BFP last Wednesday after returning from abroad, I am 7 weeks today and it’s been a crazy week to say the least!! with a late period and feeling just not right, I went out straight after landing bought a test and took it. Shocked and in total disbelief I took a clear blue digi to confirm it. I was due to get knee surgery and had an appointment to see my surgeon the following day. I told him my news and he told me surgery would need to be prosponed until after I had the baby as he won’t put me under general anaesthetic whilst pregnant. Now the shock has wore off I am totally worried and stressed about all the things I shouldn’t have done and worried that would of had an effect on the baby. Prior to going on holiday I had successfully stopped smoking for 4 months. I also had MRI scans and X-rays whilst unknowingly being pregnant. Whilst on holiday I was drinking alcohol, drinking high levels of caffeine, smoking and taking tramadol for my knee pain. Obviously since finding out I am pregnant I have stopped consuming alcohol, cut my caffeine levels down and stopped taking tramadol. I am still smoking but I plan to stop that on Thursday. I have been suffering with very unpleasant withdrawals from what I assume is from stopping the tramadol diarrhoea, chills and constant sneezing not to mention the knee pain which has got worse but needs must. I have been getting cramps and twinges and have backache mainly on the right side but occasional twinges in the left side and I am freaking out each time I go to the toilet checking when I wipe. I’m worried and stressed about a miscarriage as I never had these cramps or twinges with my 1st child or at least I can’t remember them in the first trimester and I certainly wasn’t this worried with my 1st. The cramps and twinges can last anything between seconds to minutes some stronger than others. I’m so worried and stressed so have decided to book a 8 week private scan... I am also terrified about the scan... I feel like I can’t be happy or enjoy this pregnancy for fear of something going wrong. It doesn’t help I feel like I have no one to turn to for reassurance as I have another couple of weeks until I first see a midwife... I think it’s terrible how long you have to wait before seeing a midwife it was never like this with my son. Has anyone else experienced these cramps and twinges accompanied with backache? Is it anything to be concerned about?

Hello.
I'm a right stress ball i worry about twinges i worry when they go boobs ache then then don't I worry I've had this strange feeling on my left side since Tuesday night it's now weds am I worry. So yes I get twinges pangs pains cramps niggles. I'm uk and have to wait ages too for a scan. I don't remember all these sensations with my first but it was 2004 so I can't remember. It's easy for me to say but try and relax. I went to see my Dr cos I was so worried he was lovely I told him how stressed I was and he got me to do prego test and felt my tummy and it made me feel better. But please don't do what I do and spend hours all day every day googling . I too wish I could enjoy my pregnancy but I'm to scared to. I've prob not been much use but it's just to let u know I understand how u feel.x

Hi. I think alot of women including me fear the first few months. I've had two early losses around five weeks. I've got two children. I bled alot in the first four months with my son. I genuinely believed I had miscarried!! In both my pregnancies I drank coke and coffee, ate macdonalds etc. Some of things you have done may have risks but plenty of people drink in the first few weeks before they find out. The main thing is you are cutting down and stopping things now. If we all followed every recommendation and stopped doing anything not 100% healthy we wouldn't do alot. Please don't beat yourself up. You care and you are doing right by your baby now you know. That's all any of us do. I hope your scan goes OK. I went for one at six weeks with my bleeds. Saw my son flickering away. He looked like a grain of rice at that stage. Was such a strange feeling. Wishing you all the best x

P. S I think we get more discomforts the more pregnancies we have. I was definitely aware of more twinges etc this time. My ovary apparently was folded upwards and that's the side I felt discomfort on x

Hello.
I'm a right stress ball i worry about twinges i worry when they go boobs ache then then don't I worry I've had this strange feeling on my left side since Tuesday night it's now weds am I worry. So yes I get twinges pangs pains cramps niggles. I'm uk and have to wait ages too for a scan. I don't remember all these sensations with my first but it was 2004 so I can't remember. It's easy for me to say but try and relax. I went to see my Dr cos I was so worried he was lovely I told him how stressed I was and he got me to do prego test and felt my tummy and it made me feel better. But please don't do what I do and spend hours all day every day googling . I too wish I could enjoy my pregnancy but I'm to scared to. I've prob not been much use but it's just to let u know I understand how u feel.x

I’m glad I’m not the only one, I’m a totally stress head!! I feel exactly the same worry about symptoms then worry when they aren’t there thinking the worst.
How far along are you and when is your scan? I have my first midwife appointment through the post today for 24/09/18 and my 12 week scan on 08/10/18... seems so far away so I have booked a private scan for a week on Sunday. I have booked a GP appointment tomorrow to discuss my concerns. I’m staying well away from google that will not help me. Wish you well with your pregnancy, thanks for the message x

Hi. I think alot of women including me fear the first few months. I've had two early losses around five weeks. I've got two children. I bled alot in the first four months with my son. I genuinely believed I had miscarried!! In both my pregnancies I drank coke and coffee, ate macdonalds etc. Some of things you have done may have risks but plenty of people drink in the first few weeks before they find out. The main thing is you are cutting down and stopping things now. If we all followed every recommendation and stopped doing anything not 100% healthy we wouldn't do alot. Please don't beat yourself up. You care and you are doing right by your baby now you know. That's all any of us do. I hope your scan goes OK. I went for one at six weeks with my bleeds. Saw my son flickering away. He looked like a grain of rice at that stage. Was such a strange feeling. Wishing you all the best x

Sorry for your losses. What a horrible time for you glad everything worked out ok. That’s true, I’m trying as hard as it is not to stress about what’s done as it can’t be reversed can only try to change from here on. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to discuss these concerns with the strong cramps and my scans a week on Sunday so anxiously awaiting that. Thanks for your message x

Well I'm 10w 2d and going to see my midwife today I'm excited and nervous not got a scan date yet. I just pray everything is going ok for me and you girls too x

Well I'm 10w 2d and going to see my midwife today I'm excited and nervous not got a scan date yet. I just pray everything is going ok for me and you girls too x

Good luck with your midwife appointment, hope all goes well. I’m sure you will get a scan appointment soon, you haven’t got long to wait now x

Hi jamiesmummy22
Midwife went ok il get my scan next wk it's getting a bit more real now. How are things with you . X

Hi jamiesmummy22
Midwife went ok il get my scan next wk it's getting a bit more real now. How are things with you . X

Brilliant! Exciting times. Not bad thanks cramps have eased slightly just really struggling with the tiredness. I spoke with my doctor this morning and he put my mind at ease with the cramps saying it could well be because of the withdrawals coming off tramadol and not all pregnancy related so feel a bit better. Good luck with your scan next week 😊 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->