Need some reassurance!

Snowbelle

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm concerned as for the past 24hrs I've had abdominal pain low down, quite bad but not severe, and brown discharge. I rang EPU and they said to take paracetamol and call them back if I get red blood.
I'm worried as I've had 6 miscarriages in the past, and 2 of them were missed miscarriages that I only had brown discharge and never actually bled, so the fact that it's "old blood" doesn't reassure me.
I had a scan on Thursday and everything was fine then, but I know things can go wrong quickly.

Has anyone had pain and discharge, but had a successful pregnancy? I just want a bit of reassurance that everything will be ok!

I bled, heavy day 1 full force AF like bleeding when I was pregnant with my son. Even going through that, I still worry over brown spotting I've had with my current pregnancy. It's just what we do.. Worry. Sadly, a miscarriage can happen to women who spot but it happens just as often to women who do not. From what I understand the percentages are the same. The comfort I take away from that is that spotting does not cause a miscarriage. It could be from fibroids. It could be a hematoma. It could be from the cervix. I've also heard that your uterus will release old lining it doesn't need. Would you be able to get another scan to check again due to the spotting? It's hard not to worry and that would be the best way to put your mind at ease.

About 50% of women who spot go on to have miscarriages.
That's crap I know, as hearing it's 50-50 doesn't reassure you at all! I think you should have another scan. I don't know if you're in the UK (possibly yes as you called it EPU?) but when I was 5w with my son, I had some spotting and cramping and I just took the bus straight to A&E. They will take you seriously and if you hammer it home that it really hurts and that you are very concerned, they'll book a scan for you. You can't go on worrying like this for another month until your 12 week scan.
Good luck <3

I just read again and realised they basically said go away unless you're having red blood...and I know this sounds terrible but... (Don't shoot me, anyone) tell them you are. Or ham it up and say it hurts more than it does. I know the system is overstretched etc etc but you pay your taxes and nothing matters more than you making sure your child is okay.
(And if you're in the US, then you're paying for it anyway!)

I bled with my twins and went to the emergency room for an ultrasound. I could not handle not knowing if everything was ok or not. I didn't have pain with my bleeding so that's one thing that would concern me.

I'm in the UK. Yes, basically they didn't want to know. It's stopped now so I can't really lie and say I've had red blood. I could book a private scan for £50 but I'm a bit skint at the moment. I'm just going to keep an eye on things and hope for the best. I guess I will just have to wait for my next scan on 1st December before I know for sure if everything is OK or not. I suppose I am overly worried due to the number of miscarriages I've had and my age (I'm 43).

How far along are you and was the heartbeat found at your scan before the spotting started? If it was that should really help to put your mind at ease, it's an excellent indication. I'm currently waiting in a similar situation as I had a scan to check on some spotting and I wasn't far enough along to see anything but the sac. It's hard when the only thing you can do is wait and it's not in your hands. You've done everything you can to get to this point. Have faith.

I'm 8 weeks. I was 7+5 at the scan and heartbeat was seen. But again it doesn't reassure me. One previous miscarriage I had a scan at 8 weeks that showed heartbeat and everything fine and at 12 weeks there was nothing there and I'd had no bleeding. I am probably going to book a private scan or I will go nuts waiting and not knowing!

I'm sorry they brushed you off like this and you are just waiting. With my first I had brown spotting and severe cramping, it got so bad my OB sent me to the ER thinking I was having an ectopic. My DD will be 2 next month :) Sending you good vibes that all will be well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->