Need someone to talk to!

Vanilla Spice

Reaction score
I'm worried.

Me and my BH are not trying...yet - we are WTT because we have quite a few things going on at the moment and so it's not the right time for us to have a baby. However, it has been over 6 weeks now since my last p and I'm worried that I may be pregnant.

I haven't had any other symptoms and I have taken a test, which was negative. However, there is still no sign of it. I stopped taking the pill about 7 weeks ago only because I had ran out and needed to get some more from my doctor then decided that I would wait until my P showed before starting a new pack...but no p has shown.

I have only got jiggy with BH once in that time and we did use protection...I haven't let him near me since because I'm freaking out. :cry:

I spoke to my doctor last week and they told me to wait another week and if there's still a "no show" then take another test or come in to get a blood test done.

I'm just really freaking out at the moment and have no one to talk to - especially not my BH. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced such a delay in getting their p when having a break from the pill? How accurate are pregnancy tests - has anyone experience one being wrong?

HELP!!!!

Sometimes it can take awhile for your body to get back to its normal cycle after stopping bc pill, especially if its the combined one, you just might be out of wack since you've stopped. Hang in there hun!:hugs:

I think if you only had (protected!) sex once, a test was negative and you have no symptoms, you can be pretty sure you're not pregnant. About 50% of women take a while to get back to normal after the pill. And 6-7 weeks really isn't all that long yet. I have a friend who's been waiting for 10 months now. I hope AF shows up for you soon but in the meantime: try not to worry, chances are you're ok.
But if you're that worried about getting pregnant, maybe you should think about the implant or injection for the future?

I think this is pretty normal. All women react differently to stopping the pill and getting their cycles back to a regular cycle.

I wouldn't worry about it - it seems highly unlikely that you'd be pregnant.

I hope the :witch: comes to visit soon and puts your mind at rest!

It can be quite common for your period to go a bit AWOL after you come off the pill. If you havent had unprotected sex, I wouldnt worry too much about pregnancy. Your body just needs some time to get sorted out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->