Need thoughts and opinions....panicking.

CrystalJMM

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I posted here. Took a break from the boards and a break from monitoring every little thing regarding ovulation/fertility. I continued to use my fertility monitor but I wasn't tracking BBT and put a lot less stress on my fiance.

I got a positive pregnancy test on Saturday. I'm thrilled...beyond thrilled. I've taken probably 6 or so digitals (all positive) and I think 5 stick tests (again, all positive but very faint). This morning I took another stick test and it appeared to be even fainter....and there was pink blood on the tissue after I wiped. (TMI)

I've had a little bit of cramping yesterday and today (seems to have passed now) but I've also been very gassy. (I'm sure unrelated to the pregnancy since it's so early but it's been happening and sometimes that feels like cramps to me.)

Anyway, I've called my OBGYN and they are acting like it's just too early to do anything and it's a wait and see game. The receptionist said she'd tell the doctor and the nurse and let me know if they want to see me.

I'm just so scared I'm having a chemical pregnancy. I tested 2 days prior to my missed period so I would be due today.

Has anyone who has been pregnant before had this happen to them? Thoughts? Should I try to relax or come to terms with the fact that this may not be it?

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Crystal

Can you ask your doctor to do a blood hcg test?

And it's not too early to be gassy, I was gassy from probably right before I got my BFP on, still am.

Are all your tests the same brand? All taken with the same concentrated urine (FMU, SMU, Afternoon, etc). 3 days is not a long time to see much progression. I would say test no more often than once a day, preferably every 2 days. There just isn't enough change in the hcg in your urine to be able to see on a pee stick test to definitely see from one day to another.

Cramps are normal in early pregnancy, and a little spotting can be perfectly alright.

Can you ask your doctor to do a blood hcg test?

And it's not too early to be gassy, I was gassy from probably right before I got my BFP on, still am.

Are all your tests the same brand? All taken with the same concentrated urine (FMU, SMU, Afternoon, etc). 3 days is not a long time to see much progression. I would say test no more often than once a day, preferably every 2 days. There just isn't enough change in the hcg in your urine to be able to see on a pee stick test to definitely see from one day to another.

Cramps are normal in early pregnancy, and a little spotting can be perfectly alright.

Thank you for replying!

The nurse called back and they don't even want to see me until week after next (the 29th) - she said there isn't any point at this early stage. That I need to watch out for an increased flow or worsening cramps and let them know.

The tests were taken with different urine (the first positive was around 2pm, so probably my 3rd or 4th urine of the day. Then I took more later with a different urine.) but the digitals were all the same brand. I did some different brand tests yesterday (CVS brand and one that came with a fertility pill I took a few months back). The sticks are all wondfo's from Amazon. Today was the first time I used first morning urine which is why it made me a little nervous that it seemed more faint.

I'll try to only test once a day. (I think that's the best I can promise. lol)

I've just seen so many people have early miscarriages on these boards and it's broken my heart. I don't want that to happen....I'm trying to remain calm but this is going to be a LONG 2 + weeks.....

Wondfos are usually lighter than others. Also, a lot of people do good with FMU, but some people say it's crap for them.

Apples to Apples, you need to say do FRER every other day with FRU, or CVS every other day with SMU, etc to get a good comparison to know if it is really variations in the tests or the hcg going down.

Also, in my experience, wondfos were crap for me.

Wondfos are usually lighter than others. Also, a lot of people do good with FMU, but some people say it's crap for them.

Apples to Apples, you need to say do FRER every other day with FRU, or CVS every other day with SMU, etc to get a good comparison to know if it is really variations in the tests or the hcg going down.

Also, in my experience, wondfos were crap for me.

I think I'll go get some FRER's this afternoon. Maybe the wondfos are crap for me too. :)

I'm going to just try to remain calm and positive.

Thanks so much again! And congrats to you!

Hopefully your little one is sticky! Congratulations to you too!

I have had 2 chemical pregnancy's/very early miscarriages , with both I had several positive tests followed by fainter tests then eventually negative tests and AF came as usual , I hope thats not the case for you and your first morning urine was just more diluted leading to the fainter test.

I have had 2 chemical pregnancy's/very early miscarriages , with both I had several positive tests followed by fainter tests then eventually negative tests and AF came as usual , I hope thats not the case for you and your first morning urine was just more diluted leading to the fainter test.

So you had some negative tests before AF arrived? And you had very light pink bleeding with the chemicals? I haven't had anything on the tissue since FMU.

I'm sorry for your losses. :(

I have my fx that this doesn't happen to you but I do want to give my experience. Last cycle my AF was due on the 25th of Sept so I took a test and I got a faint positive. To keep my sanity I continued to test everyday to see if the line got dark because With my son, I tested a day before af was due and the test line was so dark! It got maybe a shade darker but not by much. That Monday afterwards I started heavy bleeding and after a trip to the hospital , long story short I had a miscarriage. I know how doctors are when its in the early stages but my advance for you is to go to the ER. I will be praying that this is not the case for you :hugs: and everything turns out well.

ETA: The friday before I started bleeding I still got positive test but I also went to an urgent care clinic and because the line was so faint, the did blood work. Basically my hcg levels were at a 18 and then on Monday when the bleeding started it was an 8 :(

Wondfo's (for me at least) are HORRIBLE when it comes to looking at line progression, unless done with like 5 days inbetween each one. Some come out very dark and some very light with the same urine sample (I had ordered 50 with my last m/c so I used them willy-nilly. I did M/C but my HCG was going up great and i didn't lose the babies till about 9 weeks).

For line progression, use FRER. They got darker each day. Some days more than others and sometimes you could only see it got a lot darker if you waited for the test to dry for a couple hours.
It's good your digitals are still coming up positive. For reassurance you could also get the clear blue digital with weeks estimator and see if it eventually goes up in weeks. Or if you get AF :/ Good luck!

So you had some negative tests before AF arrived? And you had very light pink bleeding with the chemicals? I haven't had anything on the tissue since FMU.

I'm sorry for your losses. :(

Yes my tests continued to fade until they were negative then I started bleeding. if your tests have not gone negative I wouldn't count it as a chemical yet. its possible to get varying lines due to diluted urine, different test sensitivities, and varying dye amounts per test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->