need tips to increase EWCM and chances of concieving

shivangi1210

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

March was my first cycle TTC and i didn't get success.
So just wanted to know tips from you ladies to increase the chances of pregnancy in this cycle.
In march i miscalculated my ovulation date and BD'd 2 day before ovulation. Also i noticed that on the day of ovulation i was having very little watery CM and no EWCM.
I know i ovulated because on that day i had very sharp pain in my right ovary which i normally feel at the time of ovulation only.

I don't want to go for any meditation right now, so any tips/tricks to increase EWCM naturally, as i have heard that without EWCM you may face difficult in conceiving??
And any more tips to increase the chances of pregnancy is welcomed.

Thanks In Advance :flower:

Honestly, EWCM is great to have but its not a requirement for conception. I conceived on watery CM; EWCM is a rarity for me. As long as you have atleast watery CM, you should be perfectly fine. :)

As far as timing BD as well, 2 days before is fine. Sperm can live for up to 3-5 days so BDing 2 days before is a perfectly good window. When it comes to sperm, you want them waiting in there for the egg to release, not trying to catch it as it's leaving. So, a perfect window to BD for that is 1-2 days before O.

In general, no matter what you do each month, the highest chances you will ever get to conceive is 20%. Thats for everyone. Even under the most perfect conditions. That's why its generally said that it can take up to 6 months to a year to conceive.

So, my only suggestions for helping conceive are these:
-First, maybe try temping & charting? I've been doing it from the beginning of my TTC journey (2 years now almost). Charting will help you pinpoint exactly when you Ovulate each month and then you will be able to time BD appropriately.
-I would suggest starting to BD about a week before you think you'll O and keep BDing every other day until you are sure that you have O'd. I have been told by docs that every other day is a good gameplan because it frequent enough that you can catch the egg and it also gives your man a break in between to replenish healthy sperm. Sometimes, if you BD every day your man might not be able to replenish all of his sperm.
-The only natural thing I have been told to try (by docs again) is maca. Apparently its supposed to be good for fertility. Not sure it helps with CM or not but I've read it mostly helps with possible egg quality/the number of mature eggs you could possibly release. So, you might want to try that? I bought the gelatinized stuff on amazon and I put a scoop into my smoothies.

I didn't used to have any CM (came off pill Jan 2014), but after making sure I drank loads of water and religiously taking my conception vitamin and royal jelly I had SO much this cycle. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not though.

It is true that you don't need it to conceive though. My tip is to BD every other day and then as much as you can around O. If you're not sure when you're Oin, ovulation tests are great (I used the clear blue ones this month and it put my mind at rest which helped me relax). Get to know your body too, make a journal and jot down symptoms around the middle of your cycle so you can figure out when you're Oin naturally. But try and keep calm! Good luck x

The say it's 20-25% chance of getting pregnant each month, yet for such a small figure there are so many pregnant women and babies born so not sure about that figure, plus if you have sex once 4 days before ovulation, and 3 times during ovulation surely the latter has a better chance.

But i think you have as much chance of it happening any month.

best of luck.

Evening primrose oil is great for ewcm. I take it and I always get LOaDS each cycle lol. And drink plenty water as another poster said. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->