Need to do Follow Up Scan :(

Dreamer429

Reaction score
I had my anatomy scan this afternoon (I am 21wks 3days) and for the most part everything looked to be great.. but then the doctor told me I need to come back in for a follow-up scan because they were unable to get a clear image of the cord insertion point into the baby's abdomen..

.. They are simply having me do this when I come in for my routine monthly visit next month, so i have 4 weeks of worry and "what ifs" ahead. Grrreat.

Anyone else been asked to come back in for a re-scan before? Its making me quite nervous.

Also, baby is measuring in the 34th percentile.. wish it was 50% or higher!

I was called back for re scan few times it just means they couldnt get a clear picture of it not that anything is wrong just meams they couldnt measure or get the picture they needed or baby was in the wrong position which is my problem babys placenta is laying accross so have had three extra scans xd

Yes I had this with my youngest, they couldn't see all chambers of her heart so I went back in 2 weeks time and she was in a different position so they managed to get a clear image. :) Often it is just due to the position of baby.

Happens all the time. With 3 of my youngest in fact! One was a bladder, kidneys and eye socket!

I had to go twice for them to get proper images of the stomach, profile, cord insertion point and diaphragm. They also couldn't get the heart either time so I had to do an echo cardiogram as well! In the end everything was normal.

The what ifs are scary but, as others have said, it's not unusual. Hope others' experiences help to take the edge off! :hugs:

I would likely say if it was because of a cause for concern they would have booked you back in within the same week. But as it's just booked with your next routine appointment, there is no urgency or concern xxx

It is very common to be called back in for measurements following a 20 week scan, and it's only because of position of baby.

I was called back with my first. They couldn't see his face and needed to make sure he didn't have cleft lip. If they were super worried about something, they would have you in much sooner than 4 weeks. Try not to worry!

I was called back in because they couldn’t get clear pics of his heart with my first. Also 34th percentile is great! Nothing to worry about. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->