Need to make this Christmas extra special

Pearls18

Reaction score
We found out this week my husband will be deployed next Christmas (Sept-Jan) :( feel so much more pressure to make this Christmas special now that it'll be the last together for 2 years. Feels like a bit of a shadow over this year now.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself to make it perfect. Just spending as much time together as you can will automatically make it special. You don't need to do anything extra, just be with each other and do all the things you enjoy as a family. Then next year you will have those happy memories to look back on.

Aww I'm so sorry and agree with the other just being together will be so special. I would try to organise a few more things over Christmas to really make the most of the season. How about a panto? Some ice skating? Tobbogans/winter sports day out, cinema trip, visiting Santa somewhere special where you can make a day of it. There are lots of things you can do to make it special and more memorable as a whole.

:hugs: thats crappy. I agree with the others - spend lots of time together, lots of pictures xx

Sorry to hear that :hugs:

How old are your kids?

Do you have a pinterest account? They have so many cool things on there like the icing sugar santa boot prints, planting green tictacs and they "grow" into candy canes etc.. and of course, spend lots of time together <3

Thanks everyone, Eve our boys will be 6 and 3 next Christmas, seems silly to have it weighing on my mind now but I guess it's hard for it not to be. We've decided we're going to take the kids to Disneyland Paris when he gets back so I'm going to try to focus on that and the things we can do rather than what he will miss, and I suppose today of all days is very humbling to count my blessings.

I'm sorry he won't be around next Christmas. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to make a perfect Christmas. Disneyland sounds amazing and the boys will be a good age to enjoy it. No real advice sorry just :hugs:

That's pants.
How would it work next year for Santa to make a special trip and bring a few things before Daddy leaves.
I'm assuming other daddies could end up missing out too.

I know a couple who have a small hotel. They can't afford to close at Christmas so they opt to close on a Wednesday in Dec, have Christmas, presents, cake, dinner etc.

Yes, I do know some people who've celebrated early with their kids if a parent was going to be away.

Disneyland Paris sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"