Need to stop counting down...

ElsMommy26

Reaction score
This thread probably applies to only those who aren't having a fantastic pregnancy, but I just feel frozen in time. Im nearly 21 weeks, I haven't had a hunger pang my entire pregnancy, and I still vomit daily. The only thing that forces me to eat is either feeling like I'm about to pass out, or feeling my stomach acid start to eat away at me. I miss wanting food. I don't feel comfortable as my stomach continues to grow and impede on my walking, sleeping, etc. I keep saying - 3 more days until this, or next week I'll hit this mark, but I feel like I just need to stop. Why does time go by so slowly when it's agonizing? The funny thing is that 5 years ago, when I was pregnant with my daughter, I felt the same way. Frozen and uncomfortable and in a never-ending situation. Now she just went to Kindergarten and I can't believe how fast it all went by. I'm tryin ladies :( Why can't I just enjoy this? I'm actually a very positive/optimistic person in all other areas lol yet somehow pregnancy brings out the scrooge in me.

Having had two tough pregnancies and one easy one (for far at least), I firmly believe that sometimes pregnancy just isn't enjoyable. I don't think there's anything wrong with admitting that that particular phase sucks and you want it over and done with. When you're sick all the time and never comfortable, it's hard work! So I say being optimistic is great but give yourself a break. If it sucks, it sucks. Won't last forever though and more enjoyable times are ahead!

Pregnancy sucks for me, did last time, does this time. It really drags and I keep saying "only 14 more weeks..." Hope it eases up for you though

I don't think there is anything wrong with counting down. For some women, pregnancy is all glowing & joyful, for others (myself included) it's rubbish. This is my second pregnancy & ive been counting down the seconds since I found out! Feel like Ive wished the summer away, but they'll be other summers. After my daughter I remember people saying they missed being preg & I thought they were mad - I was so glad I wasn't anymore & didn't want to be again! But it's something you have to go through to have your lovely little baby. Just get through it however you can!

I don't enjoy pregnancy! I'm definitely counting down. Maybe I'll enjoy it more when I've finished work as I'm stopping at 7 months but who knows. I find it so physically hard that unless I can just potter about and rest when I need to it just isn't great

I'm counting down too. I had gestational diabetes diagnosed at 13 weeks and just want to stop stressing about food all the time, testing my blood four times a day and constantly having to think about eating even when I don't want to.
I'd love to be able to enjoy being pregnant but I find myself wishing the time away.

ME! I postponed my second kid knowing how horrible pregnancy was (I had morning sickness until 5 months and then immediately had severe heartburn). This time I still have nausea and sickness. 23weeks more :(

I didn't enjoy pregnancy first time around although I can't tell you what was 'bad' about it - I just didn't enjoy it. To the extent it was one of the reasons we considered adoption next time around. However we decided it was wrong to 'take' a child from someone for whom adoption might be the only option so here I am again, 7 weeks in with constant nausea this time - going to be a long 9 months....

It's not to say I loved being pregnant with my daughter, but it was tolerable and I am Really not enjoying my pregnancy this time around. I'm 19 weeks now and already so huge. It's already uncomfortable sleeping at night and it's only gonna get worse. I had horrible insomnia in first trimester and now that I'm able to sleep, I wake up frequently either to pee or just cause I'm uncomfortable. No sleep for the weary, but like yourself, I'm definitey counting down and I'm excited for the halfway mark next week!

ElsMommy26- just wanted to say i feel for you, and understand your feelings! Pregnancy is not easy. Even though my pregnancy has been pretty smooth and problem free, i am still counting down! i can just get so uncomfortable and emotional on days and i hate feeling big.
so i hope things get easier for you and vomiting stops soon, but once you have your baby in your arms it will all be worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->