Need to vent.

Beccaxo

Mummy to one & TTC #2
Reaction score
No doubt someone will take offence to this post or try to twist what I am saying BUT I am NOT aiming it at everyone just certain people I know who do this so please do not be offended by what I am going to put, I am just frustrated and need to vent or I will explode! :growlmad:

I understand that people are on benefits for a variety or reasons and I am not judging anyone who claim benefits at all as my own family do claim so please don't think I am judging BUT these people who claim everything they can get without working a day in their lives still manage to afford 3 nights out on the piss a week... HOW?! My partner works 50+ hours a week and we rarely go out as all the money goes on household bills and our son and i'm getting sick of it.. swear benefit money is to keep you going with bare minimum? Then you get these people saying yeah, 3 day bender blah blah blah, how the frig do they do it! I see these girls on Facebook bragging about it and it driving me potty and one of them was saying about this shopping spree where she blew £300 on clothes for herself, WTF?! Take it that where my partners tax is going on her sodding wardrobe!

That feels better now I got that out!

Me and hubby are on benefits ( he starts work today :) ) we cant afford anything like that, we lucky to get a new top lol, we have a private rented place which we pay rent on top of housing benefits and pay proper bills..The ppl who can go out on piss 2-3x a week are usualy living with parents and have no bills ect or they in council house and dnt have to pay for anything hardly and trust me when you got hardly anything to pay out for the benefits add up and you can afford to go out alot.I think the govement need a new way of calculating benefits so ppl like that cant go out every weekend and spend it badly.

I have a friend who is on benefits and goes out all the time. She gets the money from un reputable money lenders and has to pay them back everytime she gets paid. She ended up giving them her bank card and now they take her money out and give her a portion of it and keep the rest. She is in a vicious circle from what I can see, she doenst even know how much she owes them now, shes always on the phone trying to get money for food etc... off people and she drinks to forget it all as she gets so stressed when she thinks of the debt shes in. I just assume that if people can afford that on benefits then they are lending the money from elsewhere. xxx

I know what you mean, theres people on benefits who do use it well and it goes on the right things, whilst others seem to be able to get anything they want as well as having 3 - 4 kids to bring up, it drives me mad too, OH has a reasonably good job and is paid well but once all the bills/essentials have gone out theres barely enough leftover for one night out in a month, let alone going out every single week! xx

It's mostly because instead of spending it on necessities they probably spend it on those nights off. Bills probably get left until the last minute etc. or like someone else said they are borrowing money from others.

I agree we are not on benefits anymore but had to be on them for almost a year and trust me at the time we were both on the jobcentre website every day to see if there were jobs to apply for.

We had just enough to pay the bills and food with barely anything left over so its my guess that they are not buying much food or not paying bills and the £300 on clothes sounds like a catalogue/credit card job to me we could never of spent that much in one go on anything.

Of course i could be wrong and they could just be great at saving/frugal but i doubt it.

I have an ex-husband I feel this way about!!

Him and his (new) wife, have never worked a day since they have been together, they have 7 kids between them and seem to be able to afford to eat at restraunts 3 - 4 times a week, she gets her nails done every week, new cars even.

Whereas,
OH works ridiculous hours a week, i work part time, we pay all our bills, rent, CT off our own backs and we are normally absolutely brassic by the 10th of every month. We maybe eat out once a month, just the three of us, my clothes are normally passed down to me by by sister. We have the bare essentials, and almost all our shopping is of value range, i don't live beyond my means, but we struggle.

I have been saying for a while now and I have said it on FB (as there are others who behave this way who I know) that I think OH and I would be better off giving up work and living on benefits as we would have a much more fun and enjoyable life!

Sorry for my rant.

I feel strongly about this subject just because of my older brother. He's 24 in September and has only just started working after leaving school in year 9. Despite the fact he works he still gets his rent paid for him and my family are always giving him money when he wants it for fags or booze, he never gives it back either. He works part time and doesn't really have much to spend his money on, no bills or anything yet he never seems to have money. What does he do with it?

I on the other hand work 5 days a week in a not exactly great paid job (I work in a nursery) and I can't afford to do the things he does. My partner only ever gets two days work a week as the factory he works at isn't the best. He's on the job centre website everyday and some days I will come home and he tells me he has applied to 10 jobs. Yet if we ask my family to borrow money we get told no. They know full well they will get it back.

I have nothing against people on benefits but I just wish I could have the same luxuries they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->