Need to vent!

Rebeccaox

Hayden & Presley <3
Reaction score
Just need to have a bit of a vent really, getting pretty annoyed with some people :growlmad:

Basically me and my other half found out we're having another boy which we are over the moon about, we are naming him Presley but certain members of my OH family are being proper judgemental about it saying what an awful name it is & why haven't we picked a 'normal' name like we did for our last son... I don't see the problem with the name, we adore the name & think it's amazing but they are being very nasty about it, my family love the name & accept its our choice but they don't seem to accept it! Driving me up the bloody wall.

Also his family say our house is far too 'clean' how on earth can that be?! I don't go OCD over the house & I think it's pretty normal to have a clean house.. they say they don't feel comfortable being in my house as they think I will clean around them which I never do, feel like they are nit picking at me which is driving me insane, been like this for 4 years so can't really expect anything different!

Sorry had to vent this out somewhere!

First of all, congratulations on expecting a little boy.

Your babies name choice is yours-this is why I plan to keep our name choice quiet until I have the baby. Someone always has an opinion on any name you choose:dohh:

Your the parents-it's not up to anyone else.

And a house can't be too clean?! I wish I had that 'problem' lol. That's a rather odd accusation!

I think as it's your ohs family, your oh needs to be the one to speak up Nd be firm telling them to mind their own business.

some of my family don't like the name we have picked but honestly? its nothing to do with them! my baby, we will call him what we like! everytime they ask me if I've thought of a different name or put their suggestions forward I just remind them what his name is and they better get used to it!

I think the 2 names go together nicely. When u said 'normal' names like your first I thought it would be john or david lol. I think hayden is a bit unusual (in a good way) too so they go well. Who wants to be 'normal' anyway.!!! :)

Fekk em. And hey, if they don't like coming to your house, tell them not to bother.

Life is too short to let others bring you down.

What does OH say about it?

First- no one else needs to like the name you pick. And you can't please everyone! I have very opinionated friends/family- lol. So I knew how they felt about some of the names we toyed with before picking one. My brother/SIL never told us their daughters name (till she was born) OR their current babies name- he's due this month. And, I'm sure, because they don't want the opinions. I think when your "in process" people feel it's Ok to express their thoughts in case it has an affect on your decision- but, once it's on the birth certificate- it's done. If they say something then- they are just being an ASS. :haha:

They are being butt heads now- by saying anything... but, just do your best to let it roll off. They will get used to it and accept it. I'll admit- I wasn't kean on the name my brother picked for his daughter- but now, I cannot imagine her any other name! It just suits her.

As for a clean house- Personally, I'm a clean/organized person. I like a clean space. I see nothing wrong with it and it's how I've always lived. Period. Some people give me a hard time about it- but whatever, in the end, I don't really care. I don't think you have to have a messy house to have the time for your family- you can have both. It's just about what your priorities are- and my sanity is one of them! lol. We even hired a cleaning service twice a month so we don't have to deal with the bigger stuff- just the daily things ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->