need to vent

GoofyMickey

Reaction score
Ok so my hubby and I have been trying for baby number 2 for about 8 months now...and obviously it hasn't happened. Well I told my mom the other month that we were trying and I was going to the doctor because I was getting frustrated it wasn't happening. Doctor said everything looks good it's just taking longer. Well yesterday I went to my god daughters birthday party and all my family sat there trying to give me advise on how to conceive. I'm frustrated because I never told any of them we were trying so obviously it came from my mom. Then one of my aunts, that never been pregnant or tried to get prego, wouldn't leave it alone. She kept going you gotta go in vacation. I would love to go on vacation but I work 6 days a week my hubby works every other weekend and neither one of us gets vacation time yet. I would be lucky if I would be ovulating on the weekend he has off or it even lands on a weekend. Which then also means I would need to get a babysitter for my daughter and then makes everything else more difficult. I just wish sometimes people would think sometimes before giving advise.

Why do people feel the need to tell everybody else our business!? My mum is the same unfortunately. I had a miscarriage about 6 weeks ago and before I knew is Auntie X was sending her love, and Uncle Y in London was sending his best....even my 80 year old Great Auntie who lives in California knew :( That was after I told her I didn't want anyone knowing as it was our business!

It is so hard trying for a baby when you both work, and have another little one. Most mights all I want is to just fall into bed and go to sleep, not try and make babies!

Fingers crossed you get your BFP soon xx

Ugh, this is why I haven't said anything to family about TTC....sometimes people who have kids (especially the people who didn't have problems) always feel like they need to give you advice, when you didn't even ask in the first place.

It's frustrating, when someone who has no idea what you are going through tries to tell you what would work. Like you haven't tried everything! :)

I'm sure family means well!

*agreed* My family is the same way, which is why I tell them it's none of their damn business what goes on in my house, and if they are lucky enough to find out, the best keep it to themselves or never hear another word about anything (and the ONLY grandchild) again.

Just wait, it goes from conception tips, to pregnancy tips (why does everyone tell you what you aren't supposed to have???), then how to be a parent and you're doing it wrong.

This is only the beginning, but I am sure many of us here understand your frustration! I know I do (My thing with my mom at the moment is that she thinks I don't ovulate every month because I only have one ovary... I told her to use google or grab an anatomy book, I ovulate every month, that isn't my problem... "How can you when you only have ONE OVARY... *Facepalm*" Glad I listen to my doctor, and not my mother.)

Sorry ladies! That's a sucker. This is the exact reason DH and I have never told anyone we were TTC. the pressure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->