Need ya'lls opinions -annoyed

BunnyBunny

Reaction score
Hello, I posted this in the family relations forum but I felt I also wanted my fellow pregnant ladies to help with their advice as well. Tell me what ya'll think, Its kinda long and I'm sorry about that.

Quick back story, Hubby and I married this March (6 yrs dating). His sister is divorced but lives with her ex and acts like they are married. They have kids, now my niece and nephew. Hubby's family is a very tight family and wouldn't say we are the outsiders by any means.

OK so yesterday was my niece's birthday pool party, we go every year but last year cause we both had to work. As we are walking up to the pool the ex-hubby to my hubby's sister is standing there with a group of his friends (not family) and says " oh hey... didn't know you were gonna be here, I didn't know who was all invited." OK, again tight nit family and my hubby is the baby of the family SO if anyone would be invited anywhere it would be him. I did not hold my tongue this time ( that guys always says dumb crap) and said (in a meanish/catty sort of way) Of course we would be invited WE are Family after all and was steaming hot and as soon as I saw my mother-in-law it just came out I recapped what he said and she was pissed too.

I am kinda chalking it up that I was so pissed by his comment due to the raging hormones that are happening or was that just something that I should have gotten mad at? (remember he was stand with HIS buddies for his 6yr daughters b-day NOT family) and he asked FAMILY why they were there.....

Also hubby told me to drop it, (this is his 1st pregnant wife exp) and I told him its not that easy. I went to bed last night with that dumb butts words in my head and 1st thing I woke up to was those words again.

The guy did come up and apologize said he didn't mean it to come out the way it did but that he didn't know who all was invited but AGAIN we are family ( not extended family but close) So even the apologize was stupid.

Anyway just wanted to know how would you react to such a dumb statement while newly wed and pregnant (also during our 6 yrs dating I have gone to every family function unless I was working or sick)

I'm a little confused as to what the problem is? :wacko:
In my mind, he made a general comment... maybe no one told him you'd been invited and was just asking. From the words you're saying he said; he didn't ask why you were there (why suggests more accusing).

He apologised at the end of the day.
It sounds like hormones to me, I would just let it go. :thumbup:

Personally, I'd let it go as well. It was a very dumb thing to say but not really offensive in my opinion. Or at least not enough to get worked up about. Don't let him bother you!

I'm a little confused as to what the problem is? :wacko:
In my mind, he made a general comment... maybe no one told him you'd been invited and was just asking. From the words you're saying he said; he didn't ask why you were there (why suggests more accusing).

He apologised at the end of the day.
It sounds like hormones to me, I would just let it go. :thumbup:

well seeing on how there are only 3 kids (my hubby, his sister and brother) for a while they all lived on the same street and are all very tight, why wouldn't we be invited.

I on the other hand come from a LARGE family and I dont think anyone has ever asked that not even to the girl friends and boy friends. Guess that is the difference between southern and everything else.

i will let it go cause he isnt worth getting upset. Plus I dont want to seem petty But it will give me something to tell the hens at work on Monday lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->