Needing Advice!

s_love

Mom to 1 & Newly Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I hope Im not imposing by coming to this forum... Im not pregnant and never have been. The reason I am here is a friend of mine found out she is having a girl and she is not in the least bit happy. Once she fell pregnant she just knew it was a boy... she said there was no way she could have girls. She said she never wanted a girl and wouldnt know what to do if she had one. Well of course she is having a girl...

She posted on FB "Just found out what we are having!!!! : ) : ) : )" well since she posted the smiley faces and exclamation points, I assumed she got the news she wanted. So I sent her a message that said "I assume from the happy post that you got the news you wanted. Congrats!"

Needless to say, she blew up on me that I was teasing her and that I was glad she was miserable and the whole time I was wishing she would have a girl....

I dont know what to do! Thats not what I meant at all! All I ever said about a girl was "You know theres a real chance you could have a girl, you should be prepared for that"

She has completely blocked me out, wont speak to me, and told me what a horrible person I am....Guess what I am asking is what do I do? How do I repair this? Do I just give her time?

Thanks!

Yeah I'd just give her time. There was nothing wrong with what you said, and I would have assumed by her status that she had been told she'd had a boy too! She is just taking her disappoinment out on you! Hopefully she'll come round when the news has sunk in and she's realised how harsh she's been xxx

Wow - she sounds very hormonal at the moment. I would be devastated if a good friend of mine reacted to an innocent comment like this. If it were me, I would leave her to it now. If she made her comments public you can bet that no-one will see them and think 'My goodness,how awful s_love is being to her friend'. If they were texts or otherwise private then tell her that she misunderstood your comment and tell her that you meant nothing of the sort and you will speak to her again when she's calmed down.

I'm a bit of a cow when it comes to that sort of behaviour! I think if someone's being as unreasonable and nasty as that they don't deserve fawning over xxx

Sounds like a nut, unless she is a close friend you will miss terribly, let her go!

Thank you ladies. She wasn't the closest friend but she was still a friend. It was all done over text messages so it wasn't public. I did text her again and I told her that I am so sorry she misunderstood what I had said and she told me that i have no kids and ive never been pregnant and I'll never understand what she is going through. She also told me to stop being selfish and telling ppl that I have infertility issues because some women really can't have kids... Yeah after that I don't care if she's hormonal or not, I'm done. I'm not even going to attempt to apologize again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->