Needing advice

bek74

Mum of 5
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I need some advice on how to help a friend, and what do i say to her?
She has 3 older sons and fell unexpectedly with her 4th child, she was so excited as she thought she would never have any more children.

Well she went for a scan before her amnio test and they found bubs had no heart beat, she was 18wks along.
She went into labour at home and gave birth to her daughter (she longed for a daughter) in her home.
She is just a mess, and I don't know what to say to her. My heart is just breaking at the thought of her pain and I wanna say all the right things.

Any advice on what to say and what not to say. Thankyou so much ladies.

theres nothing really you can say that will ever make her feel better. just let her know you are there for her not only now but in the next few weeks... dont be surprised if she pushes you away its such a horrible thing to go through and the only person i wanted near me was my OH friends bombarding me with messages really annoyed me even though i know they only wanted to make sure i was ok. alot of people dropped cards into me which i found really lovely, reading their thoughts was almost comforting. as much as you want to take away her pain you cant but just be there and be there when she comes through it. i always say a friend that holds my hand and says the wrong thing is far dearer to me than a friend who stays away.

my thoughts are with her and her little angel xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"