Needing help with a middle name...

imprfcttense

Expecting a Little Boy
Reaction score
I'm having a baby boy, and the OH and I have decided on Gavin for the first name. We're not quite sure if it will be spelled Gavin or Gavon, but either way, we plan on sticking with the first name. Now I just need help with thinking of a middle name! OH's dad's middle name is Gerard, and I was considering it, but don't know if I completely love it. I love more unique names, and would've gone more unique with the first, but we had to compromise haha. Any suggestions would be wonderful! xxx

like gavin but not spelt gavon, or it would be said differently.
gerard after his grandad be nice.

how you got any family names on your side you like?

Not really. Lol. My dad's name is Manus (pronounced Maw-nus), and my brother's McManus. So it's traditional, but I don't like it. And my brother never did either. He goes by his middle name (Jameson) which I like, but don't think it goes with Gavin at all. :/

Atreyu :) or spelled Atreju pronounced UH-tray-you <---my fav

i also like

Elijah
Dax
Maddox
Jett
Zander (Xander)
Colt
Xavier

I dont know if these all go perfectly with Gavin but I think it depends on your surname too. GL!

My 11 year old DS is named Gavin. I really love that name. :flower: I agree that if you spell it Gavon, you will have to fight with people about mispronouncing it, because they're more likely to say "GAY-vahn" or "Gu-VAHN" However, at the end of the day... that's just a personal choice. My first name is not spelled "correctly" for the pronunciation either. I have to correct people all the time. It doesn't really bother me.

As for middle names.... I really like the idea of using the middle name as a way of honoring your family or someone close to you in some way. That doesn't mean you have to use their exact names. For example, my twins will each have very Greek sounding middle names (since my family is Greek), but I won't actually name them after family members.

Personally, I think the name Gavin Gerard is cute.

I also like Gavin Gerard and Gavin James/Jameson. I think those are all nice sounding names :)

As for other suggestions, do you want a unique middle name since Gavin isn't as unique as you originally wanted?

Lovely choice for a first name, BTW!

I also like Gavin Gerard and Gavin James/Jameson. I think those are all nice sounding names :)

As for other suggestions, do you want a unique middle name since Gavin isn't as unique as you originally wanted?

Lovely choice for a first name, BTW!

Thank you! Yeah, I think I want something a little different. I liked Gavin Luca, but I don't think OH loved it as much as I did.

I love my brother's name (Jameson), but don't think it flows. Plus, I always considered saving it and using it as a first name for a girl down the road, but spelling it more femininely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->