Needlecraft

Ladies, since LO was born, I don't know what's come over me, I suddenly want to make her lots of pretty bedding :shock:

I'm not very skilled with a needle, but I have made a couple of blankets for LO already (lightweight cotton ones because all the others I had were too hot for the Med summer), and want to make a couple more things too. I'm not daring to venture into clothes yet, but would like to mimic the "taggy" idea, and make LO one that is personalised. What I wanted to ask though, is for some ideas for things I could add to it to make it personalised. I was thinking of having her name put on it, and perhaps her DOB, but maybe there is something else I could do instead? I have loads of ribbon I'm not using (turquoise, grey and red), so want to incorporate whatever I can without them clashing. Perhaps a little patchwork thing would be good, but it might look too busy with her name etc added :wacko:

Another thing I wanted to ask is hwo you get your material square. I just about managed to get the blankets square, but when you fold them, you see that the ends don't all meet. Whoops. My only idea is sticking a massive photo frame on the material and cutting the material parallel to the frame :blush:

The other thing I want to do is make her a patchwork quilt; nothing hexagonal, but little squares; something straightforward...

I don't have a sewing machine :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->