Neg Test, No period, All the symptoms ...

Patootie

Reaction score
Hi, all. :flower:

Hoping I can draw on your expertise. Over the past month, I've had none of the normal symptoms of my regular cycle and have consistently had: non-migraine headaches, aversion to caffeine, late-evening waves of nausea, exhaustion, shortness of breath, light-headedness, everything in the a.m. tastes like I'm licking a dirty fish, breast appearance and "consistency" has changed, minor butterfly-ish cramps, wild swings between diarrhea and its evil twin constipation, thirst, ring around the aereolas, my skin is glowing, and my head is so so so so so insanely, mind-blowing foggy. And I haven't had a migraine in 2 1/2 weeks, which hasn't happened in over 4 years (they're usually hormonal).

I did not have my usual 2 weeks of feeling like super-woman (immediately post-period and ovulation / fertile week), nor did I have the angry fire-breathing PMDD that usually marks 3-4 days pre-period. What I did do was sleep, sob, and stumble my way through all but about the first 3-4 days post-period (I was fine for those 3).

It sounds like pregnancy to me. My period varies by 1-3 days a month so I'm anywhere from 2 to 5 days late today. I've had two pregnancy tests that were negative at home. Yesterday at noon, I had full-abdominal cramps and then the tiniest amount of spotting and then ... nothing. I have felt slightly better and less foggy since, though. Could that have been implantation and if so, might it explain why there's not enough hcg to trigger a test? Or could it be a symptom of anovulation or something else, does anyone know?

Today, went to the doctor. Gyno showed zero interest in my symptom list, did a urine test, announced definitively that I was not pregnant, she had no idea why I had these symptoms, and I just needed to have a period. She refused to entertain any suggestion of my coming back in a couple of weeks for a blood test, etc. I finally got her to agree to test my thyroid - something is wrong and I've had hashimoto's flare ups in the past and have a nodule that I monitor. This feels nothing like the thyroid issues, though.

She suggested that perhaps I hadn't ovulated this month and that was why. Does anyone know if that's realistic? It would explain the late period and no PMS, I think, but would it explain all of the other issues?

Something is off. I felt so embarrassed, as if she thought I was making it up. But we're not actively TTC, so I don't really have a dog in the fight either way. I just wanted to be 100% clear on this before I start trying other methods to remove this brain fog. I left feeling more confused than when I went in. She just kept saying, "You just need to have a period! You just need a period. Just get that flow going ... this is just a hormonal hiccup." Well ... thanks, I guess. Okay. I'll work on that. :blush:

I am experiencing some of the same things. I am a week late with two negative pt's and have decided to hold off until Sunday. If still no period, no positive test, I am going to the doctor. Something is definitely different with my body right now and if I am not pregnant something is wrong. I think it is a possibility that hormones could be fluctuating for me. (Hormones could cause you not to ovulate this cycle and change your usual emotional patterns.) My symptoms have been stomach issues, headache, unusually emotional, late period, bloat and a pooch above my naval, and regular headaches.

Oh and too high or too low of progesterone or estrogen could cause headaches also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->