Negative pregnancy test but I am over a week late. What could be happening?

gardensnail

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I weren't actually trying to conceive, I am not on birth control and we had unprotected sex one time but he pulled out. I looked at an ovulation chart and this was during the most fertile part of my cycle.

I am over a week late for my period at this point (it has been 36 days since the start of my last period) and my periods are usually pretty predictable. I took an early detection pregnancy test yesterday but it was negative.

Also, I know that most sources say that morning sickness usually doesn't set in until after your missed period but about a week after the unprotected sex, I had three instances where I felt so nauseous I thought I would throw up and felt very faint (all within the same week), then I went back to feeling fine and have felt no nausea since. I also have had two headaches. My breasts don't feel sore, but they do seem a bit more full than usual. I also have been feeling bloated the past few days and my stomach looks more chubby than usual.

Does this sound like early signs of pregnancy? Has anyone else had morning sickness a week after conception and had it disappear soon after? Can you test negative several days after a missed period but still be pregnant?

It depends when baby implanted. If took a while to implant it could be a few days after missed period for a bfp.

Not to worry you but if you don't come on in the next week or so or don't get a bfp, or experience any pain please go see your doctor.

I was on bcp and didn't think anything of it when I missed 2 periods and got no bfp as I knew sometimes it's normal not to get a period
Anyway I started bleeding.heavily and it turned out I was preg with ectopic, I'd had no symptoms what so ever. And I was 11 weeks approx preg and my tube had ruptured and I was bleeding internally.

So please keep an eye on it and maybe if not on next week or so go see your doctor. Better to be safe x

I only got VERY faint positives for the first week after a missed period.

I think the most likely scenario is that you had a bit of a bug and it's upset your cycle and you'll just be a bit late.
It's quite unlikely you'll get pregnant from sex once when you used the pull out method.
Xx

Actually people get pregnant from the pullout method.

Me and my husband couldn't find a condom so uses the pull put method. It was the only time we had sex that cycle and I'm now 6 weeks pregnant. Lol. So it happens.

It sounds like to me that you're having a long cycle. I get nauseous around ovulation time. Maybe the sick feeling was you ovulating which would push your cycle back a week and your period should be due around now.

How long is your cycle usually? Does it ever vary? Do you usually record it? Mine varies from 28days to 34days so I waited till 37 days to test.

Pull out method has high sucess rate.

If your unhappy with result/your period not showing see your gp and ask for bloods done.

I got pregnant on pill and bfn around 8-12w..Found out i was expecting at 19w

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->