Negligent NICU staff

fola_e

Reaction score
Hey all,
My bubba was born at 26 weeks and is now 17 weeks old. 3 weeks corrected.. We've had a very rocky road and are currently at our 4th hospital so far. I have noticed in the last week, THREE nurses in our room with coughs, cold, sniffles. One nurse was so ill that her colleague went out and bought her a packet of Night Nurse for cold and flu (and presented this to her IN FRONT of me!!)I was so stunned that its actually taken about a day for it all to sink in.

I am not pleased at all, these babies are so vunerable, I don't understand how those who are meant to protect them, would put them at risk of infection.

Have any of you ladies encountered this before? If so, what did you do? I'm furious, just don't know where to direct my complaint. I have tried to speak to the sister in charge but she's always busy and rushing off somewhere.

What do you reckon, an anonymous letter, a letter signed from me, or try again to speak with the sister?

That would really bother me. During our NICU stay there were plenty of times when the nurses would complain about being short staffed bc someone had called in sick with a cold. But they would NEVER come to work around those babies with even a sniffle. It's just not worth the risk. I would definitely say something to someone.... Are there any other parents up there that you could get to go talk to the sister with you? That way it's not all on you.

My Nicu said although they would prefer them not to come in sometimes when quite a few had it they didn't really have a choice as it would be more dangerous to have no staff.

As long as they are washing their hands etc it should be ok but I can understand your concern and it would be preferable if they weren't there.

My lo got a cold in Nicu and she was in isolation and no one sick had been around her. Unfortunately sometimes you just can't stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->