Neighbor dog issues.

x__amour

Mommy.
Reaction score
It just won't stop barking. 12:30am. Bark, bark, bark for hours on end. I'm about to go off the deep end. It's also breaking out of their yard and comes into ours and barks some more! I've had times where I've gone out to leave and it's at our screen door and gets down and starts growling at me, teeth barred, etc.

I can't deal with this non-stop barking. It's ALL day and ALL night.

That's awful.

Where we used to live, some neighbour kept three aggressive dogs tied up outsold his house and they'd bark day and night. Was so annoying!

Is the neighbour approachable?

If they are, I'd tell them it's causing a nuisance.

If they aren't the kind of neighbour that cares, is there any kind of animal control-welfare department you could contact to help resolve the issue?

Sorry your going through this, I know it sucks! People should be more responsible when getting a dog.

Do you have animal services? If they aren't approachable? Or even call the police? Surely the constant disturbing of the peace is a crime?

Xx

call the dog warden......if its in your garden its loose.........technically a stray..............

yup, the ladies above are right, if the neighbor is approachable, then talk to them. or you can write to them if you do not want confrontations. and maybe they have a reason for their dog barking?! if they do not respond then chances are they are not the type that cares (i have been through the same thing, they left three dogs outside and they even barked when they saw our bedroom light come on, yea seriously right?). look up city codes, by laws or dog legislation and see what proper channel you should go through to report your neighbor.

beware that once this is done, you and your neighbors will be in a very awkward state. unless you are willing to receive dirty looks or even arguments or gossips, or else i suggest the talking to them part.... it's not easy, so good luck!

We currently have our house up for sale because of a barking dog next door. Totally know how you feel. Xx

Down below us (we live on the first floor of a masionette) there's a little jack russell dog thats aggressive and many times barked at DH and i - once almost took a chuck out of my leg...

Its totally awful so i know how you feel with the dog barking at you, if i were you i would confront the neighbours if they're approachable or write to an animal charity that deals with these, we've got NSPCA - good luck

When it's on your property, call the pound. Get it taken away. How annoying!

That must be frustrating. Try talking with the neighbour, then if that doesn't help anything there must be someone you can call? Here we can call our local council for noise complaints.

I also can understand what the neighbour may feel like though, as our dog barks alot, basically if she can see ANYONE go past the house or hears someone. She's just protecting us/the home. And she sometimes escapes out of the garden and on the odd occasion has chased (playfully, though they didn't realise it was playful..) a few people.. But I always tell neighbours to come to me if they have a problem and we can talk about it. Thankfully our neighbours either side of us are understanding. The people across the road, not so much.

My parents tried speaking to the neighbors and they said they would "do better to keep him locked up."

Except this morning he's sitting outside my window growling and barking at DD and I. He's even come up to the window to put his paws on it and growls at us.

I don't really think my neighbors care, tbh. They're gone all day and just leave their dog in their backyard, not in the house though they know it's been getting out. I don't know if I'm supposed to call animal control or the police or what? :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7dkzpzRl4

If it was me i would call the police. Say you can leave the house incase you or your daughter get bitten coz you never know. They might ba able to do something if not then they might be able to let you know who can help you. Hope you manage to get it sorted out.x

I would call the police and report it to any animal services. Hope it goest sorted out for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->