Neighbour child was very nasty about my nephew

sbl

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi Gals
Need a little help or perhaps some unbiased views.
A neighbour and classmate of my eldest girl (5) was in our hallway during the week she was looking at a picture of my nephews.
She looked at my youngest nephew (6) and said "ew look at ******'s face he's so disgusting and ugly."
Now I know kids say things but my heart kind of broke to hear a small child speak like that about this nephew in particular as he's on the spectrum and some serious social issues. So naturally I'm very protective of him.
It made me really question if I want my child playing with her.
She's been quite pushy and mean before.
My girl is timid and shy.
She's also said I can beat up any one. Which again I found sad.
I'm in 2 minds whether I should mention this to the girls mum?
I really don't want her saying things like that to my daughter about her cousins.

That is nasty and I totally get where you are coming from I'm sorry to say it but the girl sounds like a bully

I would have calmly said ‘he is my nephew and he is gorgeous not ugly, using unkind words like that is what I consider ugly and we don’t allow unkind words in our house so please don’t speak like that again’ using a gentle voice of course so as not to sound like a bully too, she needs to learn and what you say could resonate with her forever and reshape her attitude

I would have reacted with similar to what Take2 suggested.

Kids can be vile. You wonder where they get it from at that age.

Thanks for the replies ladies. I've had to stop DD playing with her. She's been coming in upset pretty much every day. DD's best friend who lives here too has been very upset by the girl too.
I feel bad stopping her from playing but I cannot let this go on all summer.

I don't let my girls play with the little girl next door (5 next month)
I could go on all day about why I don't let her play, but I don't feel bad at all. She is a nasty piece of work as are her parents. Doesn't stop her hanging over the fence asking to play, but I just tell her no and my girls just ignore her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->