Neighbours have called to complain to my landlord, embarrassing!

minties

Complete
Reaction score
I've never been complained about before so I'm not sure what to do.

Not sure if you guys will know how flats are laid out here - this group is 3 small houses all joined together in one long brick building. There are single garages between the living quarters. There is a shared driveway we all have access to and enough room to fit a single car outside each garage.

My OH is living with his mum at the moment while he sorts himself out (we have some major issues). But while he was here, he did weightlifting in the garage. And I also do sometimes.

The day we moved in we asked both other sets of neighbours if they minded the noise of the (rubber coated) weights clanging around. Both said it was fine

Twice more we asked again to be reassured it was all good and they barely noticed it.

OH and I thought yay, we have a good compromise here. In return we don't mind the 6 year old girl from the back flat screaming and running through our yard almost daily. And we also didn't mind the caregivers (they look after 2 lovely down syndrome ladies) always parking in front of our garage and making us park on the lawn.

I feel a bit said that they didn't just approach me if the noise was bothering them. I want to go and discuss it with both neighbours tomorrow but not sure what to say. I don't want to go over angry or saying "well you do this that and the other!".

What can I say that is apologetic but also expresses my annoyance that they A. didn't approach me and embarrassed me to my landlord and B. that they lied about whether it was bothering them to my face...and I guess also I'd like them to stop using my yard an parking space also.

Some help would be great. This has been a bad week :(.

Just say that the landlord has spoken to you and that you're sorry the noise upset them. I doubt they'll make a scene, I'm surprised they wouldn't just come to you though.. Is be quite upset with them if it were me. My neighbours came out at 7:30pm once, had a go at my OH for testing a car stereo he'd just fixed. I was in the room above.. And barely heard it. 'you're waking the baby' oh came in and told me.. I said 'hang on, their youngest is 7..' I wasn't too chuffed. Honesty is the best policy when you've got to live close to somebody x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->