Nerves starting to kick in....

diggory77

Reaction score
Hi all. Just looking for a bit of reassurance and motivation.
I have done my hypnobirthing course and been practicing my cd daily since 30 weeks. I'm reading the book for a second time too. The course and my instructor have been briliant so far. I still sleep through the night, always fall asleep to my rainbow relaxation cd and I've had a pretty easy pregnancy so far. I just don't know what's been up with me for the past week or so. I was so into natural childbirth and so confident but maybe because I'm 37 weeks I'm just starting to doubt myself. All the way through my pregnancy I've had to deal with negativity and I feel like people are secretly hoping I'll "fail" and won't get my natural birth, because they didn't get theirs. I've been told to ask for an epidural straight away and how c sections are a god send, up until now I've kept passionate about the use of relaxation and the fact my body is built to do this, but all this negativity is starting to make me doubt myself. This is my first baby and I've been cleared to have my baby in a MLU, so I'll get to use the birthing pool all being well, and my husband loves hypnobirthing, so I have lots of support!
I feel like I'm now up against the clock to prevent induction, I know I've got until 42 weeks but I'll have to go to an acute hospital when I consent to an induction, which I would try and delay. I know if I could just relax and clear my head a bit I'd be in a much better mental state to go into labour. I'm just panicking and worrying and not sure where its come from!
I've also been getting some cervix pain and mild spd by the end of the day, which is making me think how will I cope with labour if I feel this is painful!
I just feel like I'm over thinking everything, and I'm finding it harder to relax to my hypnobirthing cds and clear my mind, my head feels so noisy. I've noticed recently I am constantly folding my arms tightly and my jaw is clenched shut, and my brow is tense, when I catch myself doing this I can stop, but I can't help but feel like I'm carrying a lot of tension around with me!
Sorry for the moan!
Xxx

Have you done a course with an instructor? If so could you give them a call and ask for another fear release session? Wishing you all the very best for a safe and happy birth.

Yes I did a course with an instructor. She's coming to do some reflexology with me this week so I'll speak to her then about it too x

Hey hon! It's normal to have a wobble - we are human and surrounded by so much negativity on a daily basis.

Did you do a fear release session with your instructor? How do you feel now? I suppose I haven't got much helpful advice right now, but just say that I'm rooting for you and your positive birthing experience!

You're over thinking it :) everything will be ok. I promise. Its ok and normal to be a little worried. I was too. The morning labor started I felt typical period crampy and said to myself ugh if this is how the last weeks of pregnancy are going to be how will I handle labor?? A second later my water broke haha.
It feels like you're going to start your period any minute and for me there wasn't a pattern until 2.5 hours after the water breaking.
Towards the end I was wishing it would just stop because I was tired. But you keep going. I didn't get to look into the hypnobirthing. No time. I had my baby at 36+1.
I did get to read Ina Mays guide to childbirth though and that really helped. Best thing to do is to try and breathe slowly and evenly and really try to keep your shoulders jaw and face relaxed.
Try not to worry. It's only one day. You will get through it. Don't let anybody get you down. We're all rooting for you over here! I believe in you and know you can do it!

Ah thanks everyone! Feel much better now! Started to lose my plug this morning and I'm quite excited things are getting going now!x

Ah thanks everyone! Feel much better now! Started to lose my plug this morning and I'm quite excited things are getting going now!x

\o/ See, all is well in the world ;) Let us know how things go on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->