Nerves. Thoughts. Feelings.

PeachDaisy

Expecting my rainbow <3
Reaction score
So, as my early scan gets closer I become more scared. I have no idea why because I know that if there is anything wrong there is nothing I can do. I am only 5w1d right now, so I'm still super early in this pregnancy. When I go in for my scan I will be 5w5d. I know there is a HUGE chance we will see nothing when we go, but I'm hoping we see a little something. I don't want Christmas to be ruined with bad news. I want our scan to go perfectly. Especially since this will be my husbands first appointment that he gets to go with me to.

Some days I feel pregnant. Some days I don't. And now I'm getting a sore throat so I get to deal with that on top of everything else. A healthy pregnancy and baby is all that my DH and I want. I am sure it's the hormones causing me to be all over the place emotionally, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with it. After our ectopic in January this year I just seem to always fear the worst and I hate that feeling. I'm staying as positive as I can. I'm taking care of myself. And I pray daily that our baby is growing just as he/she should be.

Sorry for the rant/story. I guess I just needed to get this mess of feelings out there.

This is so normal. I feel this way EVERY time I go in for an ultrasound, even at my final growth scans I've had at 37 weeks with both of my previous babies! :hugs: I'm sure your scan will go wonderfully. You may not see a heartbeat yet, but you should certainly get to see a little baby blob on the screen if your dates are right.

It sounds like you've been through the ringer too. Just try to kick your feet up and enjoy the holidays. Be confident that you've been through enough and now it's your turn to smile - enjoy it!

I too have a sore throat and my glands feel like they're going to explode, sniffles & eye watering all the time. You don't want a great immune system right now, you want baby to snuggle in. So stay in bed, drink some tea, have some soup and watch a movie that'll make you laugh till you cry. The Inbetweeners perhaps? Or we plan on seeing About Time or American Hustle next week. I hope you can get your spirits up, you deserve success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->