nervous about school admission day

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
16th April is d-day when we find out which school our little ones will go to. We're 99% sure that we'll get the catchment school but i did put 2 others down so there's a chance he'll end up there as he's low on the entry requirements (eldest child, no special needs, quite far out as the crow flies etc).

Anyone else?

I was nervous with my first so I know the feeling. This time however it's pretty much a sure thing as she'll be going in either as a sibling (the first category after looked after/children with statements) or else she'll have a statement which will push her to the top. There is obviously as slight chance of her not getting in as a sibling but I doubt there will be 60 siblings who live closer than we do.

Nervous here too. Our first choice isn't our catchment school and we're only 1 street out of their catchment area. But we still have virtually no chance of getting a place cos of the high birth rate.

Our catchment school is fine but it's just not the one I want.

:hugs: I don't envy you at all, so glad we are not living in England, so many of my friends have had trouble/had to fight to get their kid into the school, where as here it's the local country school who just accept anyone who turns up!!!! xx

So nervous!!!! Our local school has 23 siblings- so everyone else is fighting for 7 places.....i really hope we are one of those!

I'm am :( Our first choice is not in catchment and it only takes 30 children per year.
Im desperate for Ben to go to our first choice and not the one we are in catchment for. I'll have a hard fight on my hand If he gets in our catchment school.
I'm.even contemplating holding him back a year if we don't get in.
Good luck ladies x

We find out 16th April and it's all I can think about, really hope we get 1st or 2nd choice, I put a 3rd choice but it really is a back up option and won't be happy if she ended up going there, I will go on the waiting list for all the other good schools if that's the case. We get our place emailed to us so I am hoping it comes at midnight as I will be checking my phone all night, I presume it's an automated system so would more likely come in working hours any idea anyone?

We find out 16th April and it's all I can think about, really hope we get 1st or 2nd choice, I put a 3rd choice but it really is a back up option and won't be happy if she ended up going there, I will go on the waiting list for all the other good schools if that's the case. We get our place emailed to us so I am hoping it comes at midnight as I will be checking my phone all night, I presume it's an automated system so would more likely come in working hours any idea anyone?

I put a third choice but I can't actually remember what it is lol. We are pretty much guaranteed our 1st or 2nd so 3rd choice just in case.

Nervous, nervous, nervous. Every day I am counting down the days.

I am in London and loads of people here don't get any of their six choices. I live down the same street as my catchment area community primary and am really panicking that we won't get in, we would have made it the last two years but with a booming birth rate every chance is that we won't get it. there are a lot of schools around here with ridiculous catchments: things like 0.1 miles!

I know the date is the same for all of England - 16th, not sure if the time is the same but for our admissions website (London boroughs and Surrey) we can log on to see the offer after 5pm.

I hadn't even really thought about it! Our first choice is our nearest school. Last year 38/60 places were awarded on distance from the school, the furthest being about 3.5km away but we live on the next street so about 200m away. I don't think we need to worry :) If LO didn't get in there, our second choice is a good school too. If she didn't get in there, I think we'd just go on a waiting list and wait for a place.

I'm stressing- our first choice is a church school that only takes 30 kids a year xx

I know the date is the same for all of England - 16th, not sure if the time is the same but for our admissions website (London boroughs and Surrey) we can log on to see the offer after 5pm.

Oh i didnt realise there was a set time, i was planning on to start looking after midnight! x

I am stressing about it, I only put down 2 schools and our first choice is only 0.1 of a mile away so we should get it but I won't be happy till I know for sure

Thaks for the responses ladies. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's worried. Everyone else I talk to here seems very relaxed about the whole thing.

I'm nervous!!! Our first choice is not our catchment school, but the head teacher told us nobody has ever been refused yet.....fingers crossed! She's already in pre-school there which apparently will stand her in good stead, so we've been told. But I'm still very nervous. Good luck to you all, hope you get the schools you want! x

Ive totally changed my mind what school i want and am kicking myself for not putting it down!

I'm stressing too! Keep on having nightmares that Thomas will be placed in the only school in our catchment area which is terrible. Excellent at Ofsted, but we looked around twice and I hated it!
We find out by email on the 16th usually by 8am.
xxx

Totally worried about. Nervous is an understatement

We get an email 'sometime after 4pm' but someone I know last year didn't get hers until gone 8pm. Argh!

Our first choice is the 3rd closest school to us, and we've been attending church for 3 years to hopefully get a place. It only takes 30 though, so it's a very worrying time! I'll be a mess next Wednesday all day long. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->