nervous about school admission day

Steph I just got an email - you're in Bristol city council area right?

We got our first choice :happydance:

1st choice :happydance: relieved would be an understatement :lol:

All these first choices are making me soooo nervous!!! I can't wait until 6pm!! Glad you all got where you wanted :D

Can people tell me what the catchment area is for schools they're applying for? I know they're obviously all different, but we don't get told anything like that so I have no idea if we're within a normal acceptable distance of our first choice or not.

On the Essex schools website you put your address in and it tells you which school's 'priority admission area' (catchment) your house is in. It's not always obvious - we live closer to 2 other schools than our actual catchment one.

Have you tried googling school admissions for your area and see if the website has any info? I do think some areas don't have catchment areas but do some kind of lottery thing instead.

Ah OK, we're O.7 miles so I'm hoping that's OK. The only info we get is how many places and how many people put it down as first choice last year. We don't know if they were siblings, SEN, how far away etc. We're applying this year so might have to ring up and see if I can badger any more info out of them! :)

I am so impressed with essex county council, not only did the publish the results at midnight, we had an email at quarter to 1 last night and I have just had a letter in the post

There has to be a c#ck up with our place. We got into a school that only takes 30 kids a year...last year they had 51 applicants!

We didnt put it as a choice!

There has to be a c#ck up with our place. We got into a school that only takes 30 kids a year...last year they had 51 applicants!

We didnt put it as a choice!

Have they had a bad ofsted or some bad results published in the mean time? Maybe less people applied because they thought they wouldn't have a chance and it's ended up under-subscribed? Is that what you did? Could be others thinking the same way.

I dont like the school which is a pain.

No bad ofsted. Its actually considered to be the better school in the area

Got our e mail at 12:30am. Second choice here. I knew our first choice was not very likely so I'm not surprised or upset as our second choice is a good school in a nice area, although we'll go onto the waiting list for our first choice school.

I am so impressed with essex county council, not only did the publish the results at midnight, we had an email at quarter to 1 last night and I have just had a letter in the post

Me too! I nearly fell over with shock when the letter arrived this morning as well as an email at 12.30am :thumbup:

Special kala that's strange isn't it! Are you happy with that school or are you going to appeal?

I've still got another 2.5 hours to wait until I find out! Driving me insane!

We got first choice. I'm relieved as I know Earl will be in familiar surroundings and also it's only 3/4 of a mile up the road so easy enough to walk. His pre-school is right next door.

I'd have been happy enough with any of them, but our first choice was the best all rounder lol.

:thumbup: to everyone who's got first choice and good luck to those who have more work to do.

Kala - are you going to appeal/ask for an explanation. I know if all 3 of our schools are full we get 'allocated' a space but it says on our application that we'll get a full breakdown of why.

Glad you got your first choice Hun!
Anyone who wants to stroll over to my uniform thread now and offer their two cents would be awesome :p

Really hope that those who aren't happy manage to get somewhere with appeals xz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->