Nervous to use swaddleme :(

DextersMummy

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry to be a bother, I am nervous about using the new swaddleme blanket I got for dexter https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...isplayA_2903_10751_-1_52178_84327_10001_14736 this is the one I have got, I brought it as Dexter would often do the startle reflex and wake himself up when he was in his cot so I thought this would be a good idea, but here is the concerns I have....

It isnt totally tight at the top it has a gab though I have pulled the sides tight, can he wriggle down it? my sensible mind says no, if he wriggles the bag will go with him like a caterpillar lol, though I worry.

Whats the hole for at the back? its kinda a slit.

Is it cruel? keeping arms so tight will it cause cramps?

And arms straight or bent when you put it on?

Also my room is always between 19-21 is it ok to use this 1 tog blanket and a vest and sleep suit (long sleeved babygrow thingy) or do I need to put more layers on?
Please reply as I gotta go bed soon and im not sure wether to use it or my sleep bag again thanks xx

when i swaddled i left his arms out my swaddle was different though

Not sure if you need this info anymore, but have only just seen your post. we used the swaddleme blanket for our daughter and it was the bes thing we did. He cannot wriggle down it, if anything our daughter sometimes wriggled her hands up so she could stroke her neck (too cute!), but it isnt cruel, it is helping them get a good nights sleep (and you), and that really helped my daughter get into a routine (sleeping 11-7 from 5 weeks ish and 7-7 from 8 weeks ish!). the slit in the back is for a harness if being transported while asleep, we never used it and wouldnt really want to, but I e-mailed them to ask what it was there for as my husband kept telling me it was a poo hole!!! if your room is warm then try just a babygrow and the blanket but up to 20ish degrees I would do vest, babygrow and blanket
hope thats helpful and not too late

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->