• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nervous!

my2boys

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new at this so please bare w/ me. I can't stop smiling and yet, I'm scared to death all at the same time! A quick rundown of my history...we conceived in '07 by doing fertility injectables to make me ovulate and finished it up with an IUI due to some low motility on my husband's part. First time was a success and we have a healthy, energetic 2 yr old boy! September '09 we did the exact same thing again and it didn't work. Tried again the next cycle and I got pregnant but lost it just days after. Needless to say, I was devestated. We decided to wait before trying again since all the holidays were right upon us and we do have to do some traveling to get to the fertility clinic, plus I felt I needed a little bit of a break. So last Friday 15th, I placed a call to my dr to request the 10 day round of provera to start taking to bring on a cycle so we could try again...feeling very nervous this time around thinking about the outcome last time. The nurse told me to take a urine preg. test before starting the meds to make sure I wasn't preggo and knowing this would be requested of me, I had already bought one at the store earlier that morning. To my complete and total shock, there was a faint, faint positive. No way!...I thought. I'd had no reason to believe I was pregnant. I mean, I just don't have periods. Ever. So this couldn't be real. I was instructed to take another test the next morning. I got the same result...in fact I took a test the next two days as well and by Monday morning my very faint line was noticably darker and I was headed out to my local ob/gyn for labwork! I was STILL being very reserved and not getting my hopes up! My quant that day was a 58! A far cry from the low # I got from my 1st round of labs back in November. A repeat lab on Wed. and my quant was 178 w/ a progesterone level of 30.5. My dr's nurse was very pleased and said the next step was to schedule an US in 2 1/2 - 3 wks. OMG!!! Now I was getting very excited, allowing myself to think that this is really happening this time. And we did it w/out any medical intervention! So here's is where I am now....all of these days of waiting and wondering if everything is ok has got me on pins & needles. If I'm not feeling any "pregnancy symptoms" at any given moment of the day, I think "oh my, is something going wrong?' I've even resorted to taking a home preg.test every other morning just to make sure that my line is not getting lighter!! Pathetic, I know, but I just can't help it! I panic that my boobs aren't sore yet! I've never been one to throw up during those first few months of pregnancy....so I don't have that symptom either. I find myself just praying for those dreaded symptoms that most women who have them are praying from them to stop! LOL I've read over and over again about pregnancies being different each time and how some are very symptom free for some women. I just feel so anxious waiting on this US appt in 10 days......I NEED to know that everything is ok! As I type, I am having mild cramps, which I've had off and on since the weekend of my first faint positive tests, and I'm relishing in them b/c this was a big symptom for me when I was pregnant in '07 with my Will. I know I'm not alone in this with all these crazy feelings and fears, so, ladies, please tell me your stories, comments, suggestions too! :) I wish I could just peek inside somehow real quick to see what's going on in there and put my mind at ease! During my last pregnancy, I worked at my ob/gyn's office as an administrative assistant. Needless to say I got VERY spoiled by being able to have a quick US from time to time to "check on" baby and make sure all was ok when I had those "oh gosh, what if" moments. Not the case this time around. :-(

Wow congratulations x
I cant give you any advise I am afraid as I am TTC #1, but wish you a H&H 9 months :)

That's a really awesome story! Congrats and I hope you have a happy & healthy nine months :)

Massive *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*S*!! :happydance: Have a happy & healthy 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->