Nervs

MissCherry15

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Tomorrow is my first midwife appointment ... I know the routine lol but I'm shitting my brick lol

So far this pregnancy is by far different from my others.
I carry beta thalessemia trait. I have naturally low iron and can't intake iron or have iron supplements.
I have a folic acid deficiency this time round which is not good for the baby :(
I'm scared something is going to be wrong :(

Had bloods done last week to be on the safe side they checked my folate levels my iron levels and my blood count.
Doctors already got me on 2 5mg folic acid tablets a day cause my last folate count was 2. It should have been in the teens.
Doctors receptionist rang me today saying he prescribed me iron tablets and I need to pick them up asap. I had to sit there and explain that I can't have them and that it clearly says in my notes nothing can be done till my iron hits below 8 and then I have a blood transfusion. .. but they couldn't tell me what my level was because they aren't medically trained.
So now I'm annoyed that my own doctor can't even read up on my record and trys to prescribe me something that makes me ill. ...
Nothings going right. :(
Please wish me luck for tomorrow xx

I can see why you would be nervous. :(

I hope everything goes well at your appointment. :hugs:

Midwife appointment went really good :)
She recons my last period could have just been a implanting bleed and thinks I could be up to 9 weeks and 4 days today. .
She has put that in my notes to go by and I will be having a scan in 3 weeks time :D
Then I will be dated from the scan :)

Also my iron level is low but it very good for me so that's no issue yet :) and thanks to my high dose folic acid tablets the doctor put me on I am no longer folate deficient :D!!!!! I'm basically healthy and excited and roll on 3 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->