Nesting - Real or old wives tale?

Stacey89

Mother of 1
Reaction score
I find when i was 37 weeks I had so much energy. I washed all the baby clothes, cleaned the whole house, redid the entire nursery... Now I am 39 weeks and all I wanna do is sleep or lay down... Did nesting happen for you? And if so how much before you went into labor was it that nesting happened

Gosh, I nest on and off through every pregnancy. Just after finding out in a vain attempt to cleanse all the junk, then 2nd tri after getting back some sort of love of life after the horrible 1st trimester sickness, then well, I've never made it far but I'm 27 weeks now and just itching to go thru everything and soak it a wash and sort and sew and clean...!

Im already in my nesting mood! this started when i was 30 weeks and im sorting out through the junk and fighting with the dust bunnies as the house i being decorated.

This weekend i actually washed the pillow and quilt and DH was staring at me like i'd grown a second head! :haha:

I still got tons to do, so i hope that LO will make an appearence on the actual due date :flower:

I hope I get the extra nesting energy - I'll use it at work to keep me going till the end!

I'm 32 weeks + 2 and I obsessively Hoover and polish twice every single day..... I think I've gone a bit OCD... Lol

i've been nesting since about 27weeks on n off. Theres so much i still want to do lol!! This is new to me cuz on my 1st i didnt really feel the urge to do things i just felt sick. On my 2nd i managed to complete the nursery the day before i went into to labour, on the day it all started i ripped everything out of my kitchen to clean the insides of cupboards n drawers. Big mistake! My mum had to come n put everything back away because i didnt get chance to finish the job lol.

I've had a few days of feeling all tired n crappy but today im dying to re-arrange bedrooms and get the paints out, the kids want ben10 and hello kitty bedrooms so im eager to get the pencils out n get started on murals. :thumbup:

I nested for 1-2 days around 34 weeks.....then nothing since then. I was hoping I'd have a 2nd round of nesting cuz I had a lot to do but no such luck!!! I am now 40+1 with baby on the way .......hopefully.

i am ready for nesting even had a full on meltdown yesterday and couldnt breathe for panicking about my hubby not finishing the painting!!! i just want to be doing bits at home all the time and dont want to be at work!!! x

ive been nesting on and off for the past 2-3 weeks somedays im out of bed scrubbing everything in the house like a crazy woman and thn the next few days i wont be bothered to do anything ill just mope about on sofa with pj's on and then the house will get a tip and ill wake up and start the nesting again
its pretty weird really cos if i let thehouse get a bituntidy i will not notice if im having a lazy day but i will look around and then all of a sudden a wave of panic comes over me and i think OMG this place is a tip what if baby comes i can bring baby back to all this mess lol and then i feel really guilty that i let it get a mess in the first place lol

I am nesting like a woman posessed!! I have redecorated most rooms and sortecd every cupboard. cleaned the window frames and I currently have guy here cleaning my carpets!!! :lol:

eta I am hoping it will mean I go into labour soon!

I never nested with my first and never went into labour!!

With this pregnancy I started nesting at 28 weeks...very early.

real and painful! SPD and scrubbing the kitchen floor for 3 hrs is deffo not a wifes tale =( Good luck xx

My first I didn't really nest. With this one I've been nesting for months off and on. It's in overdrive now and I've mopped floors, scrubbed walls, and the thought of specks of dust and dirt bother me. It's not sparkling but I feel like I have to clean everything, every day.

I agree, getting down so low with a huge bump and painful pelvis is ridiculous and painful but it's satisfying lol.

I'm definitely nesting right now. I keep starting projects and not finishing them...and what I REALLY need to do is get the baby's room cleaned out. My shower is this weekend and I'd like someplace to store everything, plus once my shower is over I'll order my nursery furniture so I really need to get the room sorted this week. Its not that bad but for some reason everytime I walk into it I get really overwhelmed and walk back out. I'm currently making a quilt, curtains, and have painted some wooden letters to hang above the crib. When I brought the letters home my OH goes, "Awww you're nesting..." lol

I'm definitely nesting right now. I keep starting projects and not finishing them...and what I REALLY need to do is get the baby's room cleaned out. My shower is this weekend and I'd like someplace to store everything, plus once my shower is over I'll order my nursery furniture so I really need to get the room sorted this week. Its not that bad but for some reason everytime I walk into it I get really overwhelmed and walk back out. I'm currently making a quilt, curtains, and have painted some wooden letters to hang above the crib. When I brought the letters home my OH goes, "Awww you're nesting..." lol

isnt it funny when the guys come out with stuff like that lol i had let the house get in a bit of a bad way the other week and while OH was at work and house was empty i scrubbed everything there wasnt a thing in the house that didnt get sorted/cleaned and whn he got back from work he said "awww babe your doing that nesting thing" lol bless them x

Aww that is really sweet. I don't have a very supportive FOB so he'd never say something like that, but he hasn't seen my car cleaned and vacuumed since I bought it almost 2 years ago so I'm thinking he'll realize something is different when he sees how clean it is now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->