Neurologist today

Jemma_x

Mummy and Engaged
Reaction score
Going to see my neurologist today to discuss about whether were going to change my epilepsy tablets, lower the dose or take me off them completley.
When i last saw him he said it is safe to come off them completely because aslong as i eat healthy and take folic acid and dont do anything to bring on a seizure i should be ok. But im worried that if i come off them that if i have a seizure i could hurt myself and bubs, so confused and really dont know what to do.

Anyone been in this type of situation before??

Sorry hun i dont know anything about it, just wanted to say i hope all goes well xxxx

Hi hun as you know i stopped mine when i found out i was having lo and up untill 2 weeks ago i was seizure free, will speak to you later on msn, but i got my appointment with neurologist on wednesday x

Hi hun,
I have grand mal epilepsy and my neurologist had this conversation with me when I was having my boys.
I made the choice to come off them prior to pregnancy.
We weighed it up considering I am not severe with the seizures.
I can have one a year maximum,though they are the dangerous ones where I just keel over without warning.

I never had a seizure during pregnancy and my neurologist said some women find that they improve during pregnancy.

So like me you will likely be consultant led and classed 'high risk'?
I had a c-section with first baby because they weren't sure if I could go through hours of labour,being very tired triggers a seizure for me.
But second baby I had normal delivery with lots of care in case I needed to go for section if it got too much.

Its worrying I know but I had no problems at all in pregnancy with my epilepsy.
I normally take sodium valporate .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->