Never-ending Bleeding ;(

Gretaa

Reaction score
Hey girls, really need your help and/or any advice!

What could be causing heavy, painful, irregular periods if my family doctor didn't find anything wrong with my blood/hormone tests except a borderline anaemia for which I am taking supplements prescribed by the same doctor for over four months now? Ultrasound did show some 'white spots' around my ovaries but I wasn't given any explanation, presuming it was all a norm. I did have a polycystic ovarian syndrome confirmed by two professionals but that was over five years ago and now, my current doctor says I have no such thing and he has no idea why my periods last for up to a month at a time with a week's break then starts all over again. I am currently taking Cerelle (progesterone only) contraceptive pill but all it did was stop the bleeding for less than a week, and I'm back to square one but this time in a more painful and heavier period than before. The doc doesn't want to refer me to a gynaecologist for reasons unknown although he hasn't given any solutions for my problem so far. Our family is ready to be expanded with a second child but if I can't stop bleeding, when will we even start our TTC journey at this point?! :nope:

PLEASE, GIVE ME SOME ADVICE BEFORE I GO INSANE :(

Pcos symptoms are different for everyone. If your u/s shows cysts on your ovaries and your cycle is irregular than there is definitely something going on. With my pcos I could go go 2 months without a period than 3 months straight of bleeding/spotting. Is it possible to find another dr for a second opinion? Has endometriosis been ruled out for you? Painful and heavy periods are a symptom of the condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->