Never mind terrible two's... think we've hit the terrible one's

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
:dohh:
Trust me to have a child who is little-miss-independent lol

From a sweet, quiet, sleepy baby Rhiannon has morphed into someone who now kicks, pushes and screams when she cant get what she wants
ie: play with toys
go outside
see the washing machine spin
not wash her hair

Im calming her down and saying no, and giving reasons (toys going to sleep its bedtime, or have to wash hair, it gets dirty) but nope... she gets to the point where she has tears, which is upsetting me...
i do sometimes use distraction like singing and pointing out the "ouff ouff cooker" or the pretty chandelier on the ceiling but 9/10 times she just pushes or kicks

How do you reason with a 11 month old :shrug:

and what is she going to be like when she is older if i cant calm her now..

Yiiiikes :shock:

has anyone got any tips????

x

having the same sort of problem myself leeon purposly throws toys over the stair gate so i have to open it and if i close it and dont let him through to see the washing machine spin he starts screaming and crying and slamming his legs down waving his arms around so hel keep doing it i just try my best to distract him with something else but it never works i just leave him to it hel stand there screaming at the stair gate lol
and in the end realise hes not getting his own way but give it a try she will pick up in a week or so hopefully x

Thanks hun, guess i have to become stronger lol instead of leaving the guilt-feeling take over :)

I've found that the best thing to do is be very short and direct, like don't try reasoning, or explaining...she's just too young to understand it. Best thing to do is no, that will hurt you, then move her away. Redirection is great at this age, tell them no and then get them doing something else to get her mind off of it so she isn't constantly going back and testing you.

ANy ideas about when im drying her aftr her bath, she seems to play up more then (tiredness) because she wants her toys, i keep saying no (toys alseep) but she just kicks..:shrug:

x

Maybe she's overtired by then? Maybe you cold move bathtime up a bit, like 30min? And make sure all toys are put away before bath?

tried the toys away, and her bathtime is at 6.00pm, but thanks for the idea hun :)
maybe ill try her with some juice, see if that might distract her..
or just wait untill she hits 3 and grows out of it lol

x

Oh don't count on that, I don't know why it's terrible 2s...2s hav nothing on 3s lol. I hope you find something that works :D

Hope she gets better. Josh is starting to test what he can and can't do and will throw a tantrum when I say no.

May I suggest, maybe we could put both of them in a padded room with balls and let them play until they pass-out?

aww hun I have no suggestions sorry.. Angelynn is just learning in the last week how to scream and throw a tantrum. Usually when she doesn't want to sit still or sit by herself... it's terrible :( next time I will try and get it on video so you can all see how much of a menace my "angel" has turned into LOL

Ooooo dont wait for 3's hun , There the worst by a mile!

I find they usually grow out of it when they are around 13 months , Starts back again around 2 all the way to 3 .. thats when you run and hide. :rofl:

Ooooo dont wait for 3's hun , There the worst by a mile!

I find they usually grow out of it when they are around 13 months , Starts back again around 2 all the way to 3 .. thats when you run and hide. :rofl:

LOL run and hide :rofl: leeon gets worse everyday :(

no tips from me honey, like jess and her josh, maddi is just starting to test the boundaries, hope she gets better soon honey... but this thread has made me want to run and hide at the age of 3!!! lol! x

Hope she gets better. Josh is starting to test what he can and can't do and will throw a tantrum when I say no.

May I suggest, maybe we could put both of them in a padded room with balls and let them play until they pass-out?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
I LOVE that idea Jess :) x

May I suggest, maybe we could put both of them in a padded room with balls and let them play until they pass-out?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
I LOVE that idea Jess :) x

ill join you on that one lol ill provide the balls leeon has 300+ of those plastic ball things :dohh: now whos going to provide the room :rofl:

OMG I am in the same boat at the moment, Dec is awful, he bites, screams, head butts, kicks and pulls his own hair !!!! TBH I cant take it any more, I am on the verge of a break down and I have black and blue legs from when I try to get him away from something and he kicks out. We have a naughty chair, but that doesnt work at all, I have tapped him on the hand and said NO but he hits me back and says NO NO NO MUM !!!!!!!!
I think we should all meet up use jess's idea stick them all in a padded room and we can go get drunk, any one in ??? Lol

we have a village hall that has a huge room they rent out for parties, will that do lol??? i darent say anyones home as 4 tantruming babies/toddlers will surely cause substantial damage :rofl:

Katie has tantrums that would put a 2 year old to shame :lol: It's all part of when they can't always 'say' what they want. it's their most frustrating stage because they can understand what they want but can't always say it.

I think perhaps leaving them in a room until they start school is perhaps the best option :rofl:

Katie has tantrums that would put a 2 year old to shame :lol: It's all part of when they can't always 'say' what they want. it's their most frustrating stage because they can understand what they want but can't always say it.

I think perhaps leaving them in a room until they start school is perhaps the best option :rofl:

But can we get drunk while they are in the room?? :muaha: please somebody make my night and tell me I can get drunk :rofl::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->