New and clueless!

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
So as the title says I am new to this section. After months and months of research - which started long before I got pregnant! - I have decided that this section is totally for me! I want to use cloth diapers and do babywearing etc. But I am totally clueless!!! This is my first baby and I ahve no friends near me who has ever done any of this who can help me. I have a friend who has said she has some new and unused cloth diapers I could have if I want but I don't know yet what type they are so might not use them - plus they are boring white! Anyway ... I wondered if you guys could give me your expert opinions and help me! I don't know which brands/products are the best to use from birth and I have no idea where to to start looking! Thanks in advcance your help! :flower:

i mostly steer clear from specific recommendations as i have found through my own experiences that the types and styles of nappies don't suit/work for all babies and you yourself will have likes/dislike on the types too.

We (the members here) have put together a FAQ thread - which i have linked in my signature as well as being available in the stickies at the top of this section. you will find all sorts of reviews, lingo, shops and detailed info about the types of modern cloth nappies out there.

Feel free to ask any specific questions.

hun id borrow your friends diapers and try them you might or might not get on with them and if shes not wanting to sell them for much or willing to give them too you for free then go for it caus it could save you money in the long term, and you will have something to work with while you trial nappys.
Also if you can get to the Baby Show most of the big brand cloth nappy retaliers have stands there and demo their product for you , i found it really helpful for my DH to see how different kinds of nappys worked before attempting to talk him around to the idea of using them,

atm i have a basic prefolds stash that goes from birth to potty training ( i brought all 3 sized sets ) and im using them while i trial different types of the more modern cloth nappies to find what works best for me and on my boys. im buying my trial ones from the nappy buy/sell here or one of the other used nappies sites and can resell them if they dont work for me.

the girls here are really helpful with advice on sizing etc... for different shape/age/size babies and some will even let you do a "try before you buy" with a nappy
Good luck hunni.

oh and on the wraps/babywearing then its about what works for you and your baby some babies dont like some carry posistions , i personally have a couple of Pashmina's (shawls ) that i tie a knot in and sling over me like a sling and when im out i can use them to support carrying ds2 on my hip if i need to, i do want to invest in a sling soon though lol

Definitely do a nappy trial first. 2 parters are by far the best until after weaning, but it's important to chose the right system, shape, fabrics, fastenings etc for you in your particular circumstances. A trial will give you the opportunity to do just that, so you don't waste money on something that isn't going to be right for you.

Oh and check out whether your council has a nappy incentive scheme. There's a list of them here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->